How do you counter gragas??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ataraixa

10-16-2011

i recently bought cait today i fought gragas in mid,
i got utterly demolished.

being full ap gragas, he's barrel hurt like a *****
and even if i run forward to dodge it, he body slams me and kills me off with his ult.

how do you counter gragas with cait???

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2011

How do you get hit by his barrels in the first place?

It is not easy to hit people with gragas' barrel unless they WALK into it; because gragas has to pick a place for barrel to land, and wait for the barrel to get there before he can detonate it.

Which means if you just move to the side......

You have your net to reposition yourself after his ulti/before his barrel explodes.

Otherwise...spend a little money and get BV(you do zero dps if dead).

RockitFish

10-16-2011

Give him cupcakes and while he's distracted attack

xXCFXx Avenger

10-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockitFish View Post
Give him cupcakes and while he's distracted attack
ahaahhahahahah, i would say beer but he already has a massive keg of it.

Skilltestingman

10-16-2011

if u can dodge his barrels, you should be fine.

It might seem difficult, but you'll understand later on

Nexus Crawler

10-16-2011

A good Gragas player will position his barrels dependant on how and where you move. If you're running forward consistantly to dodge his barrels he'll probably start placing them a little a head of you to catch you in the AoE. If you move back he'll place it behind you. Try not to be consistant in movement enough for him to predict where you'll go. It's much like dodging Cho or Karths Q. With practice you'll get better at dodging and once that happens you almost nullify his early game.

LotusBlossom

10-16-2011

A good Gragas does not use his barrels to harass, unless he's accomplishing a last hit for it. He harasses when he can and that's only when he can land his E for the slow for a guaranteed Q. Always have a creep/trap between you and him and run sideways not backwards when you get hit with an E or see an incoming barrel.

BrotherCaine

10-16-2011

I suggest you play gragas to see how the barrel mechanic works. That will help you dodge them. Once you see you shouldn't be getting hit by barrels again.

Mysterage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2011

The range of the barrel's detonation is actually fairly decent, so if you're not accustomed to fighting him it can be difficult, especially if (as it sounds like this one was good) the enemy player is well versed in using Gragas, and knows to throw the barrel out, and blow it ASAP. Unless he takes items which aren't the strongest for AP gains, he will not be as tanky/tough as a hybrid, so use this to your advantage. Constantly poke at him with your range, and for your own sanity & safety learn to use the net to escape from his range. If you are Caitlynn, you should never ben remotely in any area where he can Bodyslam into you.