Counters for Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skeiks

06-14-2010

Never before have I played against a champion that can't think of a counter for. I've complained about game mechanics before, but all those can be easily outdone. I can't do much about Kat. When a Katarina is on the opposing team 90% of the time my team loses the game, no matter what strategy I use, how well she does early or what I items I build. And since she's been showing up lot often I've been losing a lot of games. I've tried outdamaging her, out defensing her, staying out of the ultimate's range, none of it works, and she'll still be able to face roll a team. Vanilla, at level 6, her ultimate is able to do over 600 damage.

She snowballs pretty hard (cooldowns and extra gold) and doesn't require any specific items to work. She can slow and damage large groups of people and move in and out of combat quickly. She does large amounts of physical and magical damage while only having to build AD. I even tried to play a few games as her to see how she does so well, and it's not so difficult. But I prefer playing my main champs.

I could continue the list of how great of a character she is, but that's not going to help anything. I'm not even gonna call her OP. I'm just going to ask for advice.

How, playing as a carry without a stun, am I supposed to be able to counter Katarina?

Boshiwukins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2010

first of all, dont let her feed beginning game, call mia's etc.. just as you would do in any other game.

a good counter hero would be garen, olaf... pretty much any of those strong melee'ers because they are great against her ult, Olaf especially, and others of her moves.

TeknoXI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2010

Champs that can knock her up will cancel her Ult pretty easily. Alistar, Cho are some examples.

Ishalar

06-14-2010

Olaf? lolwut? He has no CC capable of stopping her ult which is all you really need by mid-game unless you have been feeding her hard. Really want to counter a Kat? Garen. She is pretty squishy past early game when her Doran's Shield stop being so effective, wait for her to try and ult, silence her, counter spin.

LairyRover

06-14-2010

Stun, knockback, and knockup are your friends. Save these spells for when she ults. I know it sounds hard to do so, but it's necessary.

Private Ramirez

06-14-2010

As a Kat player, I've been countered before. And pretty much, yeah, you just need a tank to soak up the damage. Don't get scared by the Death Lotus - just give her whack and it stops quickly. Get your allies to stun + CC. For example, a good arrow from Ashe is enough for 1 or 2 of you to just pound her into the ground. She's not very durable, even if they buy Rylai's or a Frozen Mallet. Just don't turn your back on her, because running away will be pretty difficult.

Vuther

06-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishalar View Post
Olaf? lolwut? He has no CC capable of stopping her ult which is all you really need by mid-game unless you have been feeding her hard. Really want to counter a Kat? Garen. She is pretty squishy past early game when her Doran's Shield stop being so effective, wait for her to try and ult, silence her, counter spin.
It's probably because Ragnarok makes Death Lotus tickle, I'm guessing. On the other hand, I don't know what's the cooldown on it so I can't say whether it's worth using it just to survive a Death Lotus rather then moving away.

peyo

06-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoXI View Post
Champs that can knock her up will cancel her Ult pretty easily. Alistar, Cho are some examples.
Cho won't cancel it... Knockup itself doesn't cancel channeling, you need either stun, taunt, silence or fear to stop it.
Garen is fucin good to counter her, that 2,5s silence is really a pain in the ass
Olaf is good, as he can survive her ulti :P

LordEdge19

06-14-2010

Olaf is awfull agains't Katarina.Ragnarock negate Death Lotus... great so what?If you opponent is using AP Kat she'll just hit and run you with BB and Shunpo until you are in kill range, where no ragnarok will save you.Against AD Kat?BB hit hard as ****, she'll just harrass you like hell and you wont be able to do **** about since she can easily shunpo away from your axe.You're talking like the Kat player will blinding rush into a 1vs1 agains't Olaf...

But to counter, i'll say anybody with good survivability early on.Lot of HP, regeneration, shield or just the ability to stay the f*ck away while farming.Good exemple are Garen, Shen, Mordekaiser, Mundo, Kayle, Nidalee...

Realaz

06-15-2010

Anyone with a stun or silence.