Champion Idea! Water Taoist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foreshadowed

07-22-2009

Recently people have said LoL needs more healers, so I thought I'd come up with something.

Water Taoist Fhayne (female)
(Story/Lore if you guys like the idea)

Hero Type:Support/Melee

Description: Wears a blue and white taoist gown and wields a polearm that leaves a trail of water when attacking. If you've played Conquer, she be similar to a high tier taoist.

Attack 4/10
Health 5/10
Spells 7/10
Difficulty 6/10

Abilities

Fluid Strike v2 (Active): Fhayne strikes with her polearm for a considerable amount of damage, if Fluid Strike scores a killing blow Fhayne is refunded the mana cost. 6 second cooldown, melee range.

Calming Waves v2 (Active): Calming Waves heals a friendly target and then places a HoT on that target that heals 50% of the intial heal over 7 seconds. 14 second cooldown, similar to Soraka's Bless.

Reflecting Pool (Active): Fhayne drops a large "puddle" on the ground. Upon standing in the reflecting pool, friendly units gain 10% attack speed and 15 ability power. Unfriendly targets in the reflecting pool see their insecurities and lose 15% hit chance. Reflecting Pool lasts 15 seconds with a 30 second cooldown. This ability doesn't scale with ability power, only through leveling the ability.

Water Spirit Ultimate v2 (Active): Fhayne summons a water spirit with the head of a dragon that spits water rapidedly at enemies. Water Spirit's presence increases Fhayne's healing by 15% and attack speed by 15%. 100 second cooldown, 800 hp at rank1.

Rising Tide (Passive): Rising Tide grants 1 ability power permanently to Fhayne every 40 seconds. Does not grant ability power while dead. In a 30 minute game with no deaths she'd have gained 45 ability power passively.

Fhayne is sort of a Annie/Soraka hybrid, which is a champion I think I'd enjoy playing alot.

I hope you like my idea! Please post your thoughts, opinions and critques.

-Foreshadowed

Saeryf

07-22-2009

I like the idea of it, and LoL does indeed need more healers, nothing seems too OP at the moment, so well done =D

MrFroho

Adjudicator

07-22-2009

Its nice to see another healer

Criticism:

Fluid Strike is too much of a complete copy of Annie's skill, its kinda silly. It's fine to be similar, but imo copying the skill exactly is kinda unimaginative. Calming Waves is in that category too, but since it doesnt do the exact same thing its may be able to slide.

Reflecting Pool seems interesting.

Passive seems like it may be ok, probably would go for another one that fits a healer.

Water Spirit Ultimate just seems to useless to be her ult. What if your team doesnt really need mana? tbh I cant remember absolutely needing mana in the heat of battle, ever. This ultimate would not really contribute in any part of the game except for possibly early game farming, but then again you have annie's skill so you dont really need mana do you?

This needs lots of work.

Foreshadowed

07-22-2009

Thanks for the feedback, Ill change a few things around

Her heal/damage abilities like Calming Waves and Fluid Strike are effected by ability power, her passive seemed ideal to me.

I made her Fluid Strike melee ranged, her being able to harass might make her too OP.

I changed a few things around, she can now jungle, farm, and support very effectively

Should she have a slow for ganking though?

DeaThShiNoBi

07-22-2009

Reflection pool is an interesting idea, but it clearly favors ranged heroes for both your team and the enemy team. About the last thing this game needs is more reasons to make melee heroes bad. The hero seems very mana-return oriented, but doesn't really have any abilities that are super mana intensive, which would push her incredibly in the direction of support hero. Full support heroes aren't fun enough to play, even if they are balanced.

Foreshadowed

07-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaThShiNoBi View Post
Reflection pool is an interesting idea, but it clearly favors ranged heroes for both your team and the enemy team. About the last thing this game needs is more reasons to make melee heroes bad. The hero seems very mana-return oriented, but doesn't really have any abilities that are super mana intensive, which would push her incredibly in the direction of support hero. Full support heroes aren't fun enough to play, even if they are balanced.

Caster's not losing the 15% hit from Reflective Pool isn't a huge issue in my opinion.

If I were to play this champion ingame versus a caster, I'd summon my Water Spirit, put up Calming Waves, run in drop Reflective Pool and Fluid Strike. This would probably bring them down to 50%. I'm considering giving Water Spirit's spit a slow and giving Fluid Strike a stun instead of mana return.

What do you guys think?

DarkEye

07-22-2009

I like the idea behind the hero. For a healer though, she only has one direct healing ability. Pool's increasing/decreasing atk speed doesn't seem to be fit for this type of char to me, for some reason. Seems it would be too easy for the enemy heroes to simply walk out of it, unless you have some type of stunner around, of which there don't seem to be many so far in LoL (sure there will be more later). Still, maybe have it slow them a very small amount? Say 10% MS?

Perhaps even instead have Pool be a heal. Obviously it couldn't be for any large amount at all. Maybe .75/1.50/2.25/3/3.75 a second? Perhaps have each AP increase the heal by something like .20 HP/sec?

To enemies maybe have it reduce their HP regen/armor for an incremental amount?
I don't know enough about armor in the game to come up with an accurate number atm. Armor seems to run significantly higher than in DotA, maybe -5/-10/-15/-20 respectively, with AP increasing the amount by some number (Again, I don't know enough to come up with a number)

For the heal, though: Let's say the game time is at 20 minutes and you haven't died yet (A very unlikely scenario). Thats means with the ability at lvl 5 with 30 AP gained from your Rising Tide (20 mins x 60 seconds / 40 seconds = 30 AP) you're healing for 3.75 (natural ability) + 6 (30 AP x .20) x 15 (spell duration) = | 146.25 HP healed over the full duration of the spell |

Now again, I just pulled up numbers from my head and adjusted them slightly after reviewing some items. This also doesn't take into account +AP items. I only played the game this past weekend, so I don't have great knowledge about the game. Obviously the big drawback of the skill would be that the whole team (or whoever wants to heal) would be forced to cluster together in one spot, which is never a good idea. Overall though, this doesn't seem overly powerful, and it would be a new type of mechanic we haven't seen before in a spell.

Thoughts?

Foreshadowed

07-22-2009

To DarkEye, Ideally the Reflecting Pool would cover the entire lane from right to left, I do think she needs either a slow or stun on her fluid strikes to keep enemies in it for longer.

I'm thinking about changing her to be more like a clothy paladin. Stun, Aoe Buff/Debuff, Heal w/ HoT, Melee oriented. Catch my drift?

I'm gonna try and come up with some more ideas for reflecting pool, it's a cool skill so I don't want to get rid of it.

The whole scheme behind her is shes a water tao who has spent years meditating by a reflecting pool so she brings it to the battle

Sivvy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2009

This sounds ALOT like a Conquer Online water taoist.

Great idea though, they were my favorite CO class and that ulti sounds like a lot of fun.

BlackenedBlaze

01-30-2013

Bump!