Twisted Fate, The Cardmaster - Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kearndog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2010

I typically build: malady, madred's bloodrazer, and stark's fervor as my 3 main items. Anybody have any advice on this?

tabas1

06-21-2010

What a tool, in the second game his team: EZ, Janna, Soraka, Shen, TF. Who did you think would win that match, regardless of how good TF was?

SixShock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-23-2010

and once again no buffs for tf this upcoming patch

Cyst

06-24-2010

LOL it is so funny as hell

WORST TF I EVER SEEN

"Quickly take shen down"

Ya you sit there auto attacking and i think i saw you do total of 60 damage PRO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully we have PRO 60 damage!

And all those people hitting 500+ a auto attack are just kill stealing you

TrollingDose

06-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyst View Post
LOL it is so funny as hell

WORST TF I EVER SEEN

"Quickly take shen down"

Ya you sit there auto attacking and i think i saw you do total of 60 damage PRO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully we have PRO 60 damage!

And all those people hitting 500+ a auto attack are just kill stealing you
It sure scared Shurelia that's for sure.

Anbesol

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechronus View Post
Oh my goodness, where shall I start? Too many options as to what to say about Twisted Fate leaves me just as confused as the recent changes to him that came out of nowhere. This thread is about the champion spotlight, and to that I think the things Phreak DID discuss are relevant to the Twisted Fate of yesterweek and helpful, especially for new players despite any scores, k/d ratios Phreak posted or lack thereof.

Only to touch briefly on my experience with Twisted Fate, I meekly say that I have played Twisted Fate almost exclusively since last year with over 600 games played and a positive winning percentage 320+ wins. I have been through all the ups and downs brought about by all the changes to the champion, except ones from beta. And I just have to ask Riot, "What the heck is going on with my hero?"

We had a somewhat fine AP Twisted Fate with a PAC that took timing when he was supposed to be a ranged DPS champ from the start according to recommended items. Then you lowered his AP dmg and made him completely mana inefficient before his remake. The next patch further changes his PAC, starting with the AOE stun that was taken away long previously, to taking away the AOE slow from his gold card. At that point, you took away his team carry ability, not even mentioning the dodging of his PAC's status effects that was already in place at that point. PAC is literally all he has for survivability due to his poor range and health. This left him as a mediocre assassin with more limited map controlling capabilities due to extended cooldowns to gate as well.

But the best is yet to come, Riot remakes him. Destiny and Gate are combined...thats okay; You give him a new skill along with other damage changes to Wild Cards and PAC that basically change him from an AP to a DPS champion, and thats bearable...we could live with that. The live version of the remake arrives with considerable less base damage on PAC and SD than was on the PTRs and a host of AP items for his recommended build which did not accomodate his new playstyle, but in the end it all seem doable. The Twisted Fates of the world adjusted.

So to the point, here is where I have become utterly perplexed. Twisted Fate gets his shiny, new, revamped recommended item list that contains a mix of AS and AD items followed in one week's time by your unforeseen and bizarre change to his skills. Your newest change to Twisted Fate increases the AP ratio of a skill that died with AP Twisted Fate, Wild Cards. You halve the innate attack speed from Stacked Deck and lower its base damage replaced, again, by an increased AP ratio. The kicker to all this is you re-emphasize that gold card's damage is based on the sum of 1/2 blue and 1/2 red card's BONUS damage which is derived from, you guessed it, Ability Power.

I am starting to feel like you guys are becoming schizophrenic (no offense). So after all these months of changes and the cries of the elo elites that AP Twisted Fate is too strong, too bursty, and his map control is insurmountable, Twisted Fate is remade to a DPS. Accordingly, most players' opinions are Twisted Fate had become easier and much more viable as an autoattack monkey. I can agree in part, but I am sure the true Twisted Fates of yore like myself feel the playstyle is boring and leaves something to be desired. Twisted Fate does not even get to use all his skills in combination to kill champions any longer. Truly a travesty from a mechanical standpoint and a tragedy unto his fun factor. So the pendulum begins to sway back from its forthright position...as one would say, such is life, I suppose.

But Riot, my question is still unanswered. Where does the fate of Twisted Fate lie now? There is such irony between the context of the inquiry and the inquired. Nonetheless, I surely hope you make up your mind as to what type of hero Twisted Fate is truly intended to be and is most effective as. Then, at that point, perhaps, you may provide a more accurate set of recommended items that accomodates the champion Twisted Fate.

This is an awesome post, I am a new player, and with the tactics Phreak has shown TF does ABSOLUTELY NO DAMAGE (DPS build) This spotlight is EPIC FAIL. Especially for new players. As it stands now TF is the primary target for ganks (Solo and in Team fights) He was the first champion i purchased, and i was utterly disappointed. His recommended items need to be rethought as they are strictly DPS, and the best build for him now is a hybrid AP/AS. IN SHORT THIS SPOTLIGHT NEEDS TO BE DELETED, AND REDONE, OR BUFF TWISTED FATE. As the straight DPS build does not work. It is the same as advertising strawberry milk, and it turns out to be chocolate instead.

multikenny

01-27-2011

gfdtgtytgh

Nechronus

10-14-2011

bump