How to Counter Karthus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nanokia

10-15-2011

Well since his ip reduction I am sure there gonna be a lot more ppl playing him now. I know how to counter his ult, but what is good strategy/champion to punish him in lane?

Cenerae

10-15-2011

The best way to counter Karth in the lane is to start with boots and try to be unpredictable with your movement. This way he isn't going to be able to hit you with his Lay Waste spam.

Do this while moving up to him and you can nuke him. As long as you can keep dodging his nukes you can harrass him freely. Just watch you don't get caught in the wall.

julianjuvenile

10-15-2011

kassadin. the perfect karthus counter

frenzykio

10-15-2011

Boots. there we go if you can dodge you win lane

chaosbeowulf

10-17-2011

As a Karthus player, I can say: the more you dodge in the lane, the more I can last hit creeps easily, and outfarm you. The one I hate the most when I played as Karthus is a long-range champ, namely Lux.

Nightdancer ND

10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosbeowulf View Post
As a Karthus player, I can say: the more you dodge in the lane, the more I can last hit creeps easily, and outfarm you. The one I hate the most when I played as Karthus is a long-range champ, namely Lux.
I dodge you and make YOU damage in return. :-)

Ayestes

10-17-2011

Unless you have a plan in which to safely harass Karthus with some sort of extra long range, he's the kind of champion that when he plays defensively is impossible to harass with the majority of the champions. In which case, the best thing you can do is farm. You don't have to shut a champion down to win the lane, just farm better. If you are getting harassed, well you should be able to dodge those with boots.

Nightdancer ND

10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanokia View Post
Well since his ip reduction I am sure there gonna be a lot more ppl playing him now. I know how to counter his ult, but what is good strategy/champion to punish him in lane?
- boots => dodge + harass
- burst him down with help from the jungler - he is squishy and has no escapes (only flash + his slowing wand)

Sinistrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2011

Send some fighter with mobility on mid, like Irelia, or a stun like sion, so you can take half of his life on a atack, and make him play defensively.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2011

If you cannot dodge, stand in creep wave. Make Karthus push the lane every time he lands a Q(and only do half damage to you) and get your jungler to gank.