Carrying dominion games as Ryze

12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekrogen

10-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinheimer View Post
Ryze is beastly in Dominion good guide and observations!

@realwolf m. I don't really have a problem clearing large waves of creeps because i spam all abilities clearing the wave including W & E until R becomes available. I also run garrison just in case.
Yeah, he does an excellent job pushing before 6 and pushes really easily after lvl 6. Thanks for your feedback!

Robot Gir

10-16-2011

Yeah great build. I haven't lost since I started using your strat. THANKS

Nekrogen

10-16-2011

Decided to win 10 games in a row as Ryze, got 9/10. Check them out!

Valriant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-16-2011

Hope it wasn't implied and I missed it, but do you ever upgrade your tear?

Nekrogen

10-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastinBloodFart View Post
Hope it wasn't implied and I missed it, but do you ever upgrade your tear?
Absolutely, good catch. This item section was created by me in another thread, so I guess I forgot to pull the last line of it containing the Archangels. But you are correct, you should only upgrade your tear last on Ryze because there are so many better choices on him before you do.

Nekrogen

10-17-2011

bump

Mailius

10-17-2011

I agree that Ryze is strong in Dominion, even though MR counters him quite neatly because the ap from a void staff isn't that helpful for him.

I still really enjoy playing him and have found success with him even though my strategy differs a little from the OPs.

Edit: just saw him in a game and he made our morde cry bottom (a lot). His team still lost though even if he was scary.

Nekrogen

10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailius View Post

Edit: just saw him in a game and he made our morde cry bottom (a lot). His team still lost though even if he was scary.
Some games just aren't carryable, which is fine with me.

WhiteAndMilky

10-17-2011

Too much text, I may come back to it later. But I like to ryze top. It lets me carry easier, since quite a few other champions can do bot easily. These champions are popular so they are picked often. This means you will have a bot pusher + ryze.... so ryze goes top.

If the bot lane fails early game, I will usually take over. But many games I will get a triple or quad kill at windmill start, and that is not something to give up to farming bot lane.... Also, ryze's tankiness is needed top later.

I usually get 1st most games when I play ryze, with most kills, least deaths, and most captures and assists. There are other champs that can bot lane, I think ryze needs to be top so he can carry. You can't carry from a bot lane, unless you're heimerdinger and you take their bot turret and camp it all day.

FrozenFIames

10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteAndMilky View Post
Too much text, I may come back to it later. But I like to ryze top. It lets me carry easier, since quite a few other champions can do bot easily. These champions are popular so they are picked often. This means you will have a bot pusher + ryze.... so ryze goes top.

If the bot lane fails early game, I will usually take over. But many games I will get a triple or quad kill at windmill start, and that is not something to give up to farming bot lane.... Also, ryze's tankiness is needed top later.

I usually get 1st most games when I play ryze, with most kills, least deaths, and most captures and assists. There are other champs that can bot lane, I think ryze needs to be top so he can carry. You can't carry from a bot lane, unless you're heimerdinger and you take their bot turret and camp it all day.
I agree, especially since i got flat mana runes, ryze becomes extremely powerful early game. I also grab ghost (i find it more useful than promote or garrison) + flash since i need one of the summoners to guarantee a win 1 VS 1 a melee. I actually find my self spamming more shots in top than bot because you are encourage to unleash your combo at an enemy instead of bot being stuck with just overload to spam.

It's rather situational, top ryze are more so for early game advantage i think.

12345612 ... 14