So them EXP nerfs .......

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cherokeepimp

10-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini Laser View Post
Literally, yes, max level is your full potential, but in terms of ratio to the potential of other characters, every character has highs and lows. For example, Zilean tends to do best around LV 9-11 compared to other champions. Lv 1-2, he is horrible, Lv16-18, his bombs aren't as threatening.

Now, let's imagine what would happen if every character immediately started at LV 18. It would become a fight of who's base abilities (not including modifiers from AD/AP that are commonly acquired from items) will roflstomp. Not only it will make the game very, very monotonic, but will kill the MOBA aspect of the game.

So, let me reverse the question: Would you like to ruin the whole concept of a MOBA and turn Dominion into Bloodline Champions?
Why would everyone Rofl stomp because they are level 18? That doesn't even make sense. Everyone being at level 18 would actually seperate the men from the boys and make it so where skill counts, not I am 2 levels above you and have a slight adavantage.

I have no clue what Bloodline Champions is. But either way you are wrong. They are scared to let you fight at level 18, and it's there fault. They have made it so some champs are bettter than others at 18 and are to lazy to fix it and let us actually PVP.

Cherokeepimp

10-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadarok View Post
Because Dominion uses the same champs that SR uses. Some champs are stronger at different stages of the game. If the majority of the game is at max level, then champs (usually carries) who's greatest potential comes max level late game, will have the advantage.

If you haven't noticed...the forums are on fire about people complaining about carries supposedly dominating in dominion.

So for the record...Riot isn't scared of it at all. It's everyone on the forums that are scared of it.

What the heck...are you saying you think it's a good thing for more of the game should be played at max level...giving some champs a greater advantage. And your complaining because you think taking 2 minutes longer to reach level 18 turns this into Summoner's Rift...?
They made it that way. They made it so some characters dominate at level 18. It's their own fault, they are to lazy to fix the end game. So instead of addressing the real issue they just make it so you rarely if any at all have a chance to get to 18.

Like I said before, they should just cap everyone at 15 since they don't really want you to play at a higher level.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeepimp View Post
Um no you're just total moron who doesn't actually watch the video and what they say. FOR THE RECORD THIS IS THE SECOND POST I'VE HAD TO CORRECT YOU ON PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO AGAIN.

And I quote "this will result in closer or longer games."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadarok View Post
Oh my...now you are embarrassing your self. You know a red already posted to clarify this, but...I think it's best you quote properly.

Load up the video, it starts at 5:40.

"...This XP nerf will reduce the inevitability of that into closer or longer games....
" He was refering to hyper carries only getting the same kind of power in closer or longer games. He was not saying the xp nerf will make games closer or longer.

Now don't you feel silly.

To be fair, the video has some poor wording in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
XP should have no effect on game time. It's not our intention to adjust the game time with this change. What we do want is to delay when players reach level 18 so that players are not spending roughly 25% of the game at level 18 in the average case - prolonged periods at 18 should come from prolonged games, similar to how it works on SR. Of course though if you guys don't end up liking the change of pace this is an easy change to step back on.
The proof is in the video, and even a Red posted to clarify in this very thread. It's not hard to understand.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2011

I fail to see how an xp nerf will lengthen game time. If holding points still degrades a nexus' health at the same rate games should remain exactly as long as they are now. The only difference will be that Jax, Trynd, Akali, etc. won't end up wrecking entire teams halfway through the match.

Qaladan

10-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeepimp View Post
Why would everyone Rofl stomp because they are level 18? That doesn't even make sense. Everyone being at level 18 would actually seperate the men from the boys and make it so where skill counts, not I am 2 levels above you and have a slight adavantage.

I have no clue what Bloodline Champions is. But either way you are wrong. They are scared to let you fight at level 18, and it's there fault. They have made it so some champs are bettter than others at 18 and are to lazy to fix it and let us actually PVP.
If you've played LoL extensively, you should understand by now the concept of early game and late game champs.

Some champs are simply better at level 18 than others, depending on their skills. Some characters have very strong nukes early that don't translate into the end game as well due to scaling or other factors. Caitlyn is a good example of that... Peacemaker is a great nuke until the middle of the game and is pretty much unusable late game, you'll only be hurting your DPS by using it.

Slowing the XP will just make some characters shine a bit brighter where they were basically dead choices beforehand. It's a good thing. I initially was angry, especially after the previous patches gold nerf... but did the games last any longer? No. They have been the exact same length, but opened it up a bit for other characters.

RevaÑ

10-15-2011

i dont want longer games its the main reason i pay dominion if i wanted to make the games longer i would go play ar again and waste my time farming all over again. why make a game longer when the main purporse of it was short matches of nothing but pvp and tower defending its what makes it way better then sr to me

Jadarok

10-15-2011

Quote:
i dont want longer games its the main reason i pay dominion
Well then good thing for you that's not changing. Whoever told you otherwise is wrong.

Kaonis

10-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
I fail to see how an xp nerf will lengthen game time. If holding points still degrades a nexus' health at the same rate games should remain exactly as long as they are now. The only difference will be that Jax, Trynd, Akali, etc. won't end up wrecking entire teams halfway through the match.
It doesn't, and it's not supposed to.

It just reduces the amount of time during the game that the players spend at level 18.

But I'm pretty sure you're spot on about the actual effects. The gunblade nerf helps too :P