Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So them EXP nerfs .......

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Balls

10-15-2011

Strong early-game characters now have more potential to shut down carries and end the game before it has a chance to get that far. I do not mind this.

KarafromKrypton

10-15-2011

Quote:
Maikky:

Btw he also said EXACTLY "Make it Longer Games" in the video .

He didnt say exactly anything like that. He said "This XP nerf is going to reduce the inevitability of that into closer or longer games. So that when you take a hyper carry champion, instead of being like 'I know I'll get to this point and then I will dominate', you go, 'If the game gets to this point, I'll know I'll be stronger'"

If you are going to quote someone exactly you might want to actually quote them exactly. From what he said he is sounding like it will make the game shorter. BUT!!!! if it goes longer it will be more even.

WhiteAndMilky

10-15-2011

XP wont change game time, that's still dependent on point control.

suddenZenith

10-15-2011

You can play for IP or you can play for fun.

Karazu

10-15-2011

One more thing to note is, whit this change the nexus will no longer recive damage from kills once it reach 125 health.

This will surely increase the game length since killing is no longer rewarded as nexus damage. And this will continue until ppl realize capping points is the way to go (And it seems it will take forever). So, after those 2 changes the game lenght will Increase.

Jadarok

10-15-2011

Quote:
Maikky:
Evidence A). Morello said in the video and Bracker even confirmed it with a post that they want to make the game longer .

Oh my goodness...watch the video again buddy. You didn't hear him correctly.

EDIT: whoops...sorry, I guess you deleted your post when you realized you were wrong.

Qaladan

10-15-2011

Quote:
Brackhar:
XP should have no effect on game time. It's not our intention to adjust the game time with this change. What we do want is to delay when players reach level 18 so that players are not spending roughly 25% of the game at level 18 in the average case - prolonged periods at 18 should come from prolonged games, similar to how it works on SR. Of course though if you guys don't end up liking the change of pace this is an easy change to step back on.

I hope you're right. The fun of dominion is the fact that it's so short and rushed. It's being balanced in a correct way that allows more champions to be played/less champions being steamrollers. I can see how people might initially think "less xp = longer game" because that's how it would be in SR. Dom, however, is a different beast completely.

As long as the games never last 30 minutes, I'll be happy. Even 25 minute games seem stalematey and start to feel boring. (All my opinion, of course.)

Qaladan

10-15-2011

Quote:
Karazu:
One more thing to note is, whit this change the nexus will no longer recive damage from kills once it reach 125 health.

This will surely increase the game length since killing is no longer rewarded as nexus damage. And this will continue until ppl realize capping points is the way to go (And it seems it will take forever). So, after those 2 changes the game lenght will Increase.

That's the way it has been. You can't win through kills, which has always seemed a little silly. If a crappy team dies a trillion times, they should probably just lose already.

Jadarok

10-15-2011

Quote:
I hope you're right. The fun of dominion is the fact that it's so short and rushed. It's being balanced in a correct way that allows more champions to be played/less champions being steamrollers.

Exactly, and with making it more common for a game to end before everyone hits max level, it will feel even more rushed I think.

InsanityPotion

10-15-2011

Still no akali, shaco, or jax adjustments. How long are you going to keep putting off the inevitability you'll have to do this?