Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Suggestion - Marker flares on ping locations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyrogfx

10-14-2011

Well, ^title pretty much. Anyone who's played WoW will know what I'm talking about (and I know several Reds do/did).

A small location marker on the site of the ping for the whole team to see - short duration, 2~3 seconds or so? The utility would be to alert to both friendly and enemy incoming long range skillshots with precision - such as "I just fired my Arrow, it's gonna hit there - try to pin him on that spot", or "Ezreal just ulted there, get out of there". It can even double up as a way to request wards / CV / traps on a specific spot, you name. It might be nearly useless for competitive play, but would be kinda handy for the other 99% of the community I guess.

Any takers? :P

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Vander

10-15-2011

Would love this, although not top priority it's a nice addition. Makes long-range skillshots much better in random teams without ts, and makes sentences like "ima ult right behind his towers" shorter/unnecessary.

Not sure if it should be a 3rd ping option or integrated in the normal ping though...