I dont understand the stats

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Power Spectrum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2011

Why do melee use magic stuff? :S

Power Spectrum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2011

bump

TaxiCaller

10-14-2011

hi taxi here XD

some melee champs like Jax often use ap items (ability power items) because of there skills or passives.
in the case of Jax he gains a bit of hp per point of ability power and also some of his spells get stronger

I'm sure some one else will help out more I have only been playing for like a year soo much to take in
well if you have any more questions just ask

Taxi out

Vadeski

10-14-2011

Abilities scale with different stats, depending on the ability in question.

Master Yi's Alpha Strike for example, has a green number beside it (Base Damage + [Insert number here]). It scales off of ABILITY POWER, not attack damage or any other stat.

Tryndamere's Spinning Slash has a reddish color. It scales off of ATTACK DAMAGE. Ability power has no effect on its damage

Ryze's abilities have a blue number beside them. They scale off of TOTAL MANA, as well as ABILITY POWER. Increasing either of these stats will increase the ability's damage.

Nasus's Q is special, it has a blue number that increases with each enemy killed by his Q.

Stat priorities are not determined by the champion type (melee, range, support, tank), they are based on the abilities and playstyle of that champion.

For example, Master Yi, although his abilities scale off of Ability Power, is normally build as a straight Attack Damage champion to take advantage of his high attack speed, passive and high base damage (plus the bonus damage from his E)

Sion on the other hand, is normally build as Ability Power (less so now, since people started realizing how strong his ult is) even though he is a melee champion. His Q and W both scale 1:1 with ability power have give him amazing burst-damage potential.

No champion HAS to be build a certain way, just realize that most champions have certain builds that compliment them better than others.

Any other questions? :P

Power Spectrum

10-14-2011

Hmm so the number color next to the skills determine which stat it scales with?

TwistWrist

10-14-2011

Just saying...Tryndamere's spin still scales off of AP as well as AD.

Not that you'd want to build AP Tryndamere.

Vadeski

10-14-2011

Woops, forgot about that xD. Sorry for the confusion, just picked the first ability that scales off AD that came to mind.

Yeah, IN GENERAL (I'm looking at you Nasus) the color of the number determines what an ability scales with. Just because a champion's abilities scale with a certain stat doesn't mean that he/she HAS to be build a certain way. Follow a Mobafire guide, or experiment with your own builds in custom games. Play something you enjoy .

Power Spectrum

10-14-2011

I am actually following mobafire guides, because the stats just confused me, Im playing alistar and most of the items the guides tells me to get are AP items

TwistWrist

10-14-2011

Mobafire guides are kind of disappointing usually.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Alistar

I would use the wiki for info. As for guides, I prefer solomid when I need ideas.

Though Alistar is a weird champ. You almost don't need items on him for him to do what he does best.