Using hotkeys and moving the camera?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TruHero

06-14-2010

Im summoner lvl 20 so far, and despite all the advise I see on this forum, I don't use hotkeys to select my spells, i use the mouse

I do this because then my left hand isn't on my arrow keys. so how do you for example when ur chasing someone use your spells as well as move the camera? Do you lock the camera, use the mouse to move the camera or use the arrow keys?

Morinav

06-14-2010

Most players rest their left hand over QWER to have easy access to their skills, summoner spells and item slots (which are bound to 1-6). Further, most players leave the camera free and move it around with the mouse.

I encourage you to learn to play with hotkeys and the camera in free mode. You're likely to be severely gimped otherwise.

Some tips for camera control. You can press spacebar to center the camera on your champion. If you hold down spacebar, it acts like a temporary camera lock mode. Left clicking on the mini-map lets you instantly move the camera to that position.

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2010

And the game is meant to be played like that, because some spells like Flash or Karthus's Lay Waste are designed for keeping your hand on hotkeys, because when you activate them, the effect takes place at your cursor's location.

TruHero

06-14-2010

Thanks guys. ive never tried moving the camera with the mouse before :/

Noctellia

06-14-2010

It takes some getting used to.

What I have difficulty doing is making sure I level up skills with the hotkey, not my mouse :|

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2010

Np, just set the mouse to high sensitivity or you wont be able to move the camera and select targets for spells fast enough.

EDIT: lol Noct, I actualy level them up with mouse and I still dont remember the key for those..

Blinding Arrow

06-14-2010

I'm using (on AZERTY keyboard) ZQSD to move camera and mose just to move around and select targets. Futhermore i use key surrounded by the ZQSD set to link them to my spells..

I'll give u an example for my shen. I use E to throw The blade, u'll do that a lot and it just moving up index finger to select. F is used for the taunt. Also a skill u have to cast a lot specially if ur going for kills. And it's easy to combine F taunt E vorpal. R is my ulti (whitch is a little further from your cameramovement keys but still very close as u have to act fast for the Ulti. (BTW: for the ulti of shen u can click on teammates list left, so u don't have to search them on your sreen, but whatever. ) G is the shield skill. i don't use that to often, but its right next to your taunt to make a fast and save escape.

For shaco i would go E on the stealth G on the box R for ulti and F for the throw. E is the easiest key to select and can save u a lot if u stealth at the right moment.

Hope this helps. Greetings Blinding

peyo

06-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eredale View Post
Np, just set the mouse to high sensitivity or you wont be able to move the camera and select targets for spells fast enough.

EDIT: lol Noct, I actualy level them up with mouse and I still dont remember the key for those..
ctrl+qwer

eSSentialplays

06-14-2010

I move the camera with WASD, my Summoner Skills are QERF, Spells are CV, I move consumables/use items to 1,2,3. I use the mouse to target exclusively. I do not understand how people can play a twitch-based game (no pun intended) by moving your cursor to the edge of the game field, then have to move it back to click targets or use skills. Whatever works for people, though, I guess.