health/level vs flat armor seals

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugler

10-14-2011

what do you think scales better in dominion as far as tanky dps is concerned?

PriorityOne

10-14-2011

Armor is better against an AD team and Health/level is better against an AP team.

If the enemy has Ryze, Xerath, and Akali then those Health/level seals are going to give you more mileage.

If the enemy has Tryndamere, Gangplank, and AD Evelynn then armor is your best bet.

BingeOnAcid

10-14-2011

If it's draft you should have a general idea of what your first b is. So you should get the one that helps you balance your first few items. If I see all ad as Alistar I start out thornmail and do my health per levels and cdr glyphs. 3 ap I go armor and rush mr and health. Remember per level for tanks in Dom is the way to go now.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2011

Armor never seems to do enough for me. Seeing as you gotta stack at least 15% more of it thanks to dominion debuff. And be solo just to get targeted (if you are armored out and in a team fight chances are you wont be targeted till the end)

So many people run 25 armor pen in runes and ranged AD champs that starting with armor runes always ends up a waste with me.

Might as well grab the health runes and stack your health up with prospectors and save the armor runes for rammus and malphite.

RealButter

10-14-2011

Yesterday I was playing Alistar against a team consisting of Yorick, Trynda, Xin, WW, and Irelia.

Took Health Marks, Armor Seals, and Health Quints

Built Tabi, Frozen Heart, Thornmail, and Omen.

Took them like 30 seconds to move me off of a point. Even if it was neutralized, I could just sit around and harass and keep knocking them around until backup arrived. That much armor certainly ruined their day (and the 5 exhausts on our team)

JZisPro

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealButter View Post
Yesterday I was playing Alistar against a team consisting of Yorick, Trynda, Xin, WW, and Irelia.

Took Health Marks, Armor Seals, and Health Quints

Built Tabi, Frozen Heart, Thornmail, and Omen.

Took them like 30 seconds to move me off of a point. Even if it was neutralized, I could just sit around and harass and keep knocking them around until backup arrived. That much armor certainly ruined their day (and the 5 exhausts on our team)
I don't think that had anything to do with your runes though... Although it brings up a good point... if you are getting thornmail, omen and frozen heart, your armor runes might be a waste

Hugler

10-15-2011

bump