Top 10 Bot Laners: Rank Them

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

coffeerox

10-14-2011

Some of those characters you listed are better off attacking or defending the upper parts of the map.
(in no particular order, sorted by ranking)

A- Yorick, Heimerdinger, Alistar, Kog'maw, Brand, Karthus, Maokai, Cho'gath, Morgana, Malzahar, Gangplank, Gragas

B- Urgot, Rumble, Orianna, Caitlyn, Sivir

C-Mordekaiser, Malphite, Lux

edit:
moved Gragas to A-tier, honestly couldn't think of any reason why he isn't. Moved Malphite to C. Malphite and Mordekaiser are excellent bottom laners but they need their items first. Once you get items with them, they are extremely hard to remove from their node. In the beginning, they get harassed like a mofo, so that is the only thing separating them from B-tier.

added Lux. This is probably the only spot she is good in. She is NOT good for roaming around on the map because of her horribad CD's and low damage. Her abilities fare better on the bottom lane, where all she has to do is hold it.

Rafein

10-14-2011

Orianna is a very good bottom. She still has good range, and can keep her ball moving through enemies/champions to eventually push through.

Baneson

10-14-2011

I think Malzahar should be added to the list. His abilities are very good for lane pushing and the ult is for that very pesky defending champion. Least, that's where I've had the most success with him.

Nekrogen

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chogull View Post
-2- you have to be beefy enough to take some dmg.
Youre going to be ganked. Play a champion that can often survive a 2v1 gank w/o using a summoner spell.
To be honest, this point is slightly irrelevant, considering if you manage to bring a second enemy down to bottom lane, their bot laner sucks and you've done your job or there is severe overflow from top failing. Either way, the use of a summoner or death is acceptable, just as long as you're able to contest your point when you come back.

coffeerox

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baneson View Post
I think Malzahar should be added to the list. His abilities are very good for lane pushing and the ult is for that very pesky defending champion. Least, that's where I've had the most success with him.
Malzahar is A-tier on my list.

Psi21

10-14-2011

A Top 10 best bot list will never be right.

The team with the most deaths top easily goes to take bot which then in turn leaves top to be less defended (and possibly able to be captured.)

If you can't get bot or top sneak to their mid to pull defenders from either top or bot (while stopping for the buff).

Continue the cycle. There never will be a defined best bot. There will only be a definite late mid to end game with specific champs that grow too fast in power.

If you don't have those champs you see the difference and you allow chances of huge come backs.

So be sure to pick up the Akali(s), Jax(s), Rammus(es), AP Shaco(s) and etc...
This is what usually makes winning games.

Zeero

10-14-2011

If Yorick is number one bot laner then you should definitely have Nasus on your list. I can out lane a Yorick with Nasus fairly easily. Did so last night in fact and it worked quite well (we still lost though).

coffeerox

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeero View Post
If Yorick is number one bot laner then you should definitely have Nasus on your list. I can out lane a Yorick with Nasus fairly easily. Did so last night in fact and it worked quite well (we still lost though).
How does he fare vs the other top tier bottom laners? Who does he get countered by? So on, so forth.

Zeero

10-14-2011

Nasus has a hard time vs a good Kog Maw. His range it too much and his % dmg hurts. It is still doable however since Wither pretty much shuts his DPS down. Heimer is hard as well but SF takes care of turrets fairly well and your life steal helps you shrug off his missile harass. Really I think that nasus is a very solid bot laner, even more so once you hit lvl 6 and get an item or two.

Spooooooooky

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeero View Post
Out-laning the #1 doesn't make you the new number one. Yorick wins the bot lane against 95% of other solo bot heroes, and you can't same the same for Nasus.

1234567 ... 13