Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Top 10 Bot Laners: Rank Them

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talorien

10-14-2011

Ali

Scazza69

10-14-2011

no urgot?

ActionButlerGO

10-14-2011

No Morg or Maokai?

No deal, sir. No deal.

Cauldrath

10-14-2011

Quote:
underagefemale:
10. Riven

While Riven is an extremely good defender and pusher, the fact that all her abilities are melee makes it so she can't really convert a minion push into a tower cap against a good defender with ranged AoE, which means she doesn't generate enough pressure to force a second champ to come deal with her. She can work well against someone with strong pushing abilities who is both a weak fighter and defender, but that just makes her a great counter-pick, rather than a good all-round pick.

BigDaddyDelish

10-14-2011

From a Riven main, Riven can bot but it's pretty wasteful. There are better options all around and she is extremely useful in that first big fight at top, not to mention as the game drags on she becomes a hyper carry.

ActionButlerGO

10-14-2011

Riven is so much more effective pushing and/or protecting top. There are enough champs who can play bot that Riven should never have to.

XkomuroX

10-14-2011

tank gragas neutralize the enemy point before the fight in the windmill ends, i ALWAYS do that no exceptions, even against heimerdinger or yorick

Lightsaga

10-14-2011

Yorick number 1? then I guess CAss is better tan #1... Everytime my team is losing agaisn't YOrick BOttom, I take over and kill them =(

Nekrogen

10-14-2011

Ryze is quite possibly the best bottom laner. He has specific counters (good Yoricks and Kogmaws come to mind), but the fact that he needs to spam to be effective makes him extremely dangerous.

If I can elaborate. When properly played, ryze will outharass almost every single person on that list (aside from Yorick) And those who don't have long range will become sitting ducks and will be forced to let the minion wave push... but that is EXACTLY what you want as bot lane. Also, it makes life a lot easier if you actually do face an AD bot, because rushing glacial shroud on ryze is quite possibly the best thing he can do. When ryze hits 6, he can effectively remove an entire minion wave of creeps instantly while recovering at least a quarter of his health. After playing close to 200 games with Ryze bottom lane, I can safely say there are very few champs who stand a chance against him (if played right).

Chogull

10-14-2011

Your job at the bottom control point is to hold it no matter what. Also try to push the opposing bottom point safely.
You want to pick a champion that has 3 main strengths.
-1- you have to be a good defender. (any form of CC, heal, shield...) Be able to defend yourself and your control point. Sometimes against two enemies at once.

-2- you have to be beefy enough to take some dmg.
Youre going to be ganked. Play a champion that can often survive a 2v1 gank w/o using a summoner spell.

-3- you have to be able to clear minion waves quick enough so they dont bother your control point.
If the opponent has a wave of minions with him you can lose your point alot faster. Make sure you pick a champion who can melt a wave of minions quickly.

The champions that fit this role the best imo would be:
Maokai, Yorick, ChoGath, Rumble, Heimer and Vlad
These 6 champions excel at controlling the bottom-solo on crystal scar