Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Unexplainable Lag Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hakobo

10-13-2011

I've noticed there has been a substantial amount of threads regarding weird cases of indescribable and rather picky lag, delay, and other weird quirks. I wanted to go ahead and make a thread listing all the weird symptoms of lag people have been having and see what else people are experiencing.

I have been experiencing a lot of these just recently. I noticed it today.
Discuss.

*Note* Not all symptoms may apply to you, or may only happen at certain or random times.

In-Game Lag Symptoms

• Sluggish character movement. It feels delayed, almost like you are walking on ice.
  • Cooldowns are randomly coming off cooldown before intended, yet are not yet castable.
  • Your character alone will freeze for several seconds, then begin doing the moonwalk (seems to ALWAYS occur before the first minion waves spawn).
  • The game timer will do as it pleases.
  • You can no longer see your creep score, level, or kills on the scoreboard, and instead see scribbled white boxes.
  • Minion animation will be glitchy.
  • Absolute loss of control of your character for random periods of time, although the game appears to be resuming as normal.
  • Crashes/disconnects of all flavors.
  • Game-wide freezes that affect all players for random periods of time.
  • (New) Skill shot spells that would normally miss hit you, in some cases dramatically. I just started noticing this happening a lot.

Client Lag Symptoms
  • Game locks up when finding a match, displaying no ability to join the match and not allowing you to quit out.
  • The client will search for a match endlessly, with no success.
  • Logging in takes an infinite amount of time.
  • (Unconfirmed) Adding bots in custom games takes about 5 minutes per bot, if the client doesn't crash before that.

I feel like this isn't an internet issue for people because I've been reading a lot of victims' pings are fine. My computer is a beast and I get a constant steady frame rate. I've changed nothing about my computer to cause something like this.

A Kawaii Loli

10-13-2011

Signed.

Hakobo

10-13-2011

Added problems I've also been having with the client.

Anyone else seeing anything?

MidNaut City

10-13-2011

The same stuff is happening to me, but not the scribbled white boxes. My latency is really low, but everything is delayed and warping.

EDIT:
Also, when I join games, I will load to about 80%, and then the window closes, the the application is still up in my taskbar, and when I click it, it says "Reconnect to Game." I can reconnect fine, but the lag make the game unplayable.

A Kawaii Loli

10-13-2011

Adding bots in custom games takes about 5 minutes per bot, if the client doesn't crash before that.

Hakobo

10-13-2011

Quote:
SmackHoe:
Adding bots in custom games takes about 5 minutes per bot, if the client doesn't crash before that.

Added, will put a question mark next to it and will remove if others are getting it.

Exsnypre

10-13-2011

singed

Hakobo

10-13-2011

Just got done with a game where every single person locked up for one minute.

Jaramin

10-13-2011

Add me. Been having these problems yesterday a bit, and today it's unplayable. I would add crashes to the mix after several disconnects/reconnects.

Ridley

10-13-2011

Yup, happened to all five of us in an AI game (I refuse to play normals or ranked until this issue has been fixed >_< )