With an overwhelming response from the community. My Dominion site is now up.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Putzfrau

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
Overwhelming response and a week later only 50 members. Our definitions of "overwhelming" are different.

I would define it as a failure but what do you expect with a basic CSS template for a site and a crappy forum.
**** dude, why would you troll this thread for so long just to hate? are you really that miserable of a person? i can understand 1 maybe 2 offhanded comments, cause **** this is the internet, right? but continually trolling this dude is just sad. you need some hobbies or something. or zoloft. prozac? i dont even know what SSRI's are popular anymore, but you should talk to your doctor or something.

being that miserable and cynical can't be good for your health. but hey, worst comes to worst you die off early from a stress induced heart attack.

and that would truly be a shame

Wolowizard

10-27-2011

checking this out now

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolowizard View Post
checking this out now
Awesome, thanks. I was suppose to revamp the whole layout this weekend and make it better, but it's Halloween weekend and I just can't see myself doing it. :P

Maligance

10-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
Awesome, thanks. I was suppose to revamp the whole layout this weekend and make it better, but it's Halloween weekend and I just can't see myself doing it. :P
Are you using wordpress or something similar for the site? Might be interesting to see if you are to be able to have bloggers post additional dominion related content, videos, etc.

Granted it would be really cool to see things like on mobafire or solomid but I think that'd take quite a bit of coding, especially when you can just have people link to the stuff on the other sites.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligance View Post
Are you using wordpress or something similar for the site? Might be interesting to see if you are to be able to have bloggers post additional dominion related content, videos, etc.

Granted it would be really cool to see things like on mobafire or solomid but I think that'd take quite a bit of coding, especially when you can just have people link to the stuff on the other sites.
Right now it's just a basic html/css site. I can switch it to wordpress though. Was thinking about doing that actually.

Maligance

10-30-2011

I have some experience with wordpress and I think that for what you're trying to do with your main page it could be very helpful (with the news posts and such). It's easy to add additional pages as well for more content, and if you want you could even set up additional posters who can only add blogs (though I'm not sure of an easy way to do this off of the front page).

I think the blogging idea is one that has a ton of merit and has seen success in WoW sites I've seen, but the real question is how to add incentive for a player to do it in order to actually get good content.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

10-30-2011

Can you make the site less gray and the text larger? It is hard to read.

DG TheFeedski

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligance View Post
I have some experience with wordpress and I think that for what you're trying to do with your main page it could be very helpful (with the news posts and such). It's easy to add additional pages as well for more content, and if you want you could even set up additional posters who can only add blogs (though I'm not sure of an easy way to do this off of the front page).

I think the blogging idea is one that has a ton of merit and has seen success in WoW sites I've seen, but the real question is how to add incentive for a player to do it in order to actually get good content.
I have never used wordpress before, but was tempted to try it out. Since you have some experience, can I come to you if I have any questions I can't solve with google? :P

Maligance

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
I have never used wordpress before, but was tempted to try it out. Since you have some experience, can I come to you if I have any questions I can't solve with google? :P
Certainly. It's been a bit since I used it, but I should remember enough to be helpful. It's really not that difficult to get around.

LithiumUNCHARGED

10-30-2011

cool cool, but i gotta say, my eyes are killing me! We need some WHITE colored font up in here!