Vayne vs. Kog'Maw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aussie Smegger

10-13-2011

In a 1v1 situation it's Vayne versus Kog'Maw. Both are equally levelled and fed. Who do you think would win and why?

EDIT: People are asking for builds so I'll give what I would probably be rushing on them and trying to get the builds around the same cost.

Vayne: Berserker's Greaves, Zeal, Black Cleaver, Infinity Edge. = Cost of 8810 gold.

Kog'Maw: Berserker's Greaves, Wit's End, Malady, Madreds Bloodrazer, Dagger. = Cost of 8965 gold.

Note: I also agree that if Vayne pulls off a stun with condemn then they will win the fight, but I would like to know who would win if Vayne did not pull off a stun.

SeventhStorm

10-13-2011

Depends. I'd say a tie, mostly because of KM's passive, but items play a huge part in a matchup between two carries (aka if one builds madreds and the other BT/IE).

Kog's passive will provide a nice final equalizer if vayne spends her Q and its on CD when KM dies... But i really don't see kog winning straight up (ult is near useless in 1v1's at close range). But i don't really play kog a lot so take my opinion with many grainy shards of salty things

Seirai

10-13-2011

If Kog can land all of his skillshots with pinpoint accuracy then he wins. If Vayne can land the pin-stun with her E then she has a massive advantage. If you were to put their DPS without any skillshot involved then Vayne will win because her base stats are superior- silver bolts does flat damage as well as percentage damage whereas Kog's bio-arcane barrage can only deal percent magic damage that gets reduced by magic resist and proves to be ineffective against low max health opponents.

IIxeenoxII

10-13-2011

Hard to say without build info, but I'm gonna say if it starts with a kog' maw artillery strike miss (vayne tumbles/dodge) vayne wins. in close quarters with terrain, vayne wins with a condemn stun. (of course very situational) if kog builds a phage and strikes first with w he could win. vayne could ult and stop his auto attacks with a stealth tumble. There is alot to factor in here lol

MekansS

10-13-2011

I think koggy wins
Of course, vayne can stun him etc..
But it depends on the build, but if the both are low level and low itens i think koggy wins.

Ow My Feels

10-13-2011

Kog will win if there no wall behind him.

Dragull

10-13-2011

Can Vayne land her stun?

Vayne is fed GG

10-13-2011

but Vayne can stealth to stop constant flow of dmg, and has an attack steroid

destructionX

10-13-2011

if kog has oracles. and its in the middle of the lane and no lifesteal. an AD kog will win by a hair prob. if he has a lifesteal item then its no contest. then its no contest kog. if hes dumb and gets put into a wall. hes done

Aussie Smegger

10-13-2011

Tetriando. You make an excellent point but lets look for a moment at Vayne's Silver Bolts versus Kog'Maw's Bio-Arcane.

Vayne Base Stats: 108.5 AD at lvl 18. 1853 Health at lvl 18. 70.5 Armor at lvl 18. 30 Magic Resist at lvl 18.

Kog'Maw Base Stats: 100 AD at lvl 18. 1952 Health at lvl 18. 73 Armor at lvl 18. 30 Magic Resist at lvl 18.

1853/100*6 = 111.8 Magic Dmg from Kog'Maw's Bio-Arcane on every attack - however this does not take into account magic resist.1853/100*30 + 1853 = Vayne has 2408.9 Health against Magic attacks. 2408.9/111.8 = 21.54740608 Attacks to kill Vayne from Bio-Arcane alone. 1853/21.547 = 85.998. This means on average Bio-Arcane is doing 85.998 damage per attack to Vayne.

1952/100*8 +60 = 216.16 True Dmg from Vayne's Silver Bolts on every third attack.
216.16/3 = 72.05333* true damage on average from Vayne on each attack against Kog'Maw.

What is not taken into account here is a number of things including... 1. Whether or not Vayne uses condemn and gets a stun. 2. Kog'Maw dies and finishes off Vayne with his passive 3. Kog'Maw uses his Q ability to debuff Vayne's magic resistance and thus Bio-Arcane deals more damage 4. Kog'Maw will have 30% increased base attack speed. 5. Kog'Maw uses his ulti inbetween auto attacks to deal perhaps some extra damage. 6. The build of Vayne is usually AD, whereas the build of Kog'Maw is Attack Speed and On-Hit (at least, that's how I usually build them). 7. Vayne's extra damage from her ultimate and 8. Vayne's extra damage output from Tumble (even if there is no Sheen or Trinity Force).