Singed: How Good is he in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
This build... How is your post getting upvoted? Prospector ring is a waste of gold. If you need boots start with a mana+ health crystal and boots if not start with catalyst. Singed has **** AP ratios and stacking AP makes very little sense. The reason you build tanky is because he is an INITIATOR.

Deathcap: HORRIBLE choice. Poor AP ratios dont magically get better by spending all your gold on it.
Rylais: good because of the health and slow.
WoTA: Seriously?
Voidstaff: Whats obvious about it? You're not a damage dealer why are you wasting money on Mpen?

Everything else makes sense and fits with Singed's role in a team. AP singed is awful...
What you're saying makes perfect sense... for SR. But AP dps is just much stronger on CR. On Classic you'd never build AP on Soraka. In Dominion, cdr+ap+some tank makes her one of the best bot champs.

That works wonders on Singed too. You don't have 5v5 fights in Dom. You don't need to be able to withstand 5 players pounding on you to initiate. You need to take 2 or 3 and a couple turret hits. RoA + p.ring gives him an extra thousand hp with which to do that. Once you have maybe 1300 more hp than your assassins, no one is going to target you, and if they do, you throw a puddle and run away. If it's a 3v3, my ult is on and it gives me plenty of armor+mr.

And his AP ratios are not bad. If you fling someone into your poison, they'll take at minimum 1.9 x your AP. Every three seconds they stay or reenter your poison they take at minimum another 0.9 AP. For a typical 1v1, I run up, fling, press the attack or runaway, come back by 7-8 seconds time (20-30% cdr), fling them into my poison again. Chances of them staying on me enough to burst me down in that time? Minimal. Damage I've done to them, at say 15 minutes into the game when I've finished my deathcap?

335 AP if I finished my RoA @ minute 8, (I usually take 21-0-9 masteries)

3 seconds of poison, twice, +2 flings, leveled to maybe 3 by then: cool 2100 damage. That's if they never chased me. If they do, just increase that by 170/second they made that mistake. And all the other enemies & minions are taking the 170/second.

No, I'm not tanky enough to survive an AP carry, an assassin, and an AD bruiser bursting me. But I've done enough damage by then that the rest of my team would mop that up easily. And if their burst includes skillshots or AA, they're going to have a lot of trouble.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2012

Quote:
You are completely ignoring the fact that buying p.ring puts off building catalyst which holds off building his #1 core item. Getting ROA faster > 30AP any day of the week on singed.

P.ring = bad
I use it because in practice it has worked well. The extra 200 hp serves you the entire game, and lets you tank enough of the first fight. You want to be just tanky enough that it's not quite worth focusing you, but all damage/cc after that. I'm certainly not saying all singed should start that way.

As far as WotA, yeah I agree, usually I wouldn't take it. But if I have another AP or two going top with me, suddenly they stop dying while I'm alive.

PrometheanRage

01-14-2012

ap singed is pretty powerful. don't have 5v5 fights to tank, don't have sever death penalties = max ap and watch people take 200 damage per tick of your poison. most people don't expect singed to do that much damage and stay in just that bit too long.

Fezzywinkle

01-14-2012

I don't know, I have never really had much luck with an AP build, but it might just be my play style. There is no denying you can crank out some damage going AP but the other team catches on quickly, in my experience, and I just end up getting burst down before they take enough of my poison to do some damage.

UncleTummysticks

01-14-2012

I just played a game as him, and got a bit of attitude for going tanky AP, but I did pretty well.

I only got a few kills, but absolutely racked up the assists and frequently chased people away from points or kept their minions locked down hard enough for mine to just waltz up and take their tower.

I died several times because they frequently traveled in groups, and between Vayne and their Jax (who grabbed buff everytime it was up), they packed a bit of a punch, but nearly every time I did, I managed to take them down enough to either force a retreat or get them taken out by my teammates.

I started with Catalyst, minor boots, RoA, finished MS3 boots, Zhonya's since they were AD heavy, Rabadons, FoN when their Karth stopped sucking, and had a rod until things got kinda close at the end and I swapped it for an armor last second. Masteries were 0/9/21, Mpen, armor, MR and MS runes.

MMKH

01-14-2012

I pick him when the enemy has lots of melee or CC, like Alistar, Blitz or Wukong because I can tank the damage and still damage them in return by leaving poison on and just running around and disrupting team fights. He's a good bot laner and pusher as well, and with some practice you can manipulate the enemy position very effectively with a well-aimed fling and glue.

Timmy the Spork

01-14-2012

in addition to being durable and fast, poison trail + hextech sweeper makes Shaco, Akali, Talon and anyone else with invisibility cry.

MeatMasterMeat

01-15-2012

I usually start catalyst, roa, sunfire cape, and finish it with a force of nature. The game is usually over by this point unless you(singed) are the only reason your team has 3 capped.

This is usually bottom, since i feel like singed needs the free farm, which it almost always is. Just make sure to grab all 3 bottom healthpacks(yours, theirs, and mid) and you literally cannot die. Just push wave over and over and over again while dodging their abilities.
Nightmare matchups are ryze, Cassiopeia, ezreal, ahri, karthus, sivir, vayne, kogmaw etc. Anyone who can poke with a cc.

Even if you are laning vs them, you can just gas the wave, run out, gas the wave, run out, until you have some more armor/mr. Never engage, always push, always heal. Eventually you can run in, throw, run away, repeat until they have to run to tower. Most people will stay and defend to the death, so grab/ignite them ftw when they try to stop you from capturing.

I've also had success with hardcounter singed.

Vs Ad = chain vest + cloth armor. B for Mcrystal and boots and normal build from there.
Vs AP = negatron cloak, nullmagic mantle. B fo boots and mcrystal.

I've done it vs trynd, Caitlyn, fizz, and swain all of which were wins. Started with fizz assuming I was doing singed mirror bottom, and I just crapped on him when he tried to harass me out of lane, so I've tried it a few more times in other matchups with great success(so far).
It is susceptible to lane swaps, but In. solo que, that hasnt been an issue.

I use 0/22/8 or 1/21/8 masteries with movespeed quints, mpen reds, armor yellows, and mr/18 blues for maximum singed.
1 into summoners for ignite and ghost if I'm feeling ballsy, otherwise I just take 1 more dmg redux.

TouchinMyself

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMeta View Post
I use it because in practice it has worked well. The extra 200 hp serves you the entire game, and lets you tank enough of the first fight. You want to be just tanky enough that it's not quite worth focusing you, but all damage/cc after that. I'm certainly not saying all singed should start that way.

As far as WotA, yeah I agree, usually I wouldn't take it. But if I have another AP or two going top with me, suddenly they stop dying while I'm alive.
Again you are not getting it... Starting with a health + mana crystal and boots = more HP than p.ring. P.ring is bad in any situation. Basically you start with 30AP at level 3 and put off building catalyst to do it.

I would rather have the level 5 and 6 catalyst procs than 30 AP.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-15-2012

Quote:
Singed has **** AP ratios
I didn't know a .3 ratio on a spell that hits six times, can hit multiple champions and be renewed/maintained, is his main pushing skill, and has basically 0 cooldown is **** AP ratio.

Oh, and he gets 1:1 on a 10s Fling (assuming no CDR which is unlikely) to boot.

If you want a champ with bad AP ratios, look at Kayle.