Singed: How Good is he in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elealar

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergSwarms View Post
Bandage Toss or Flash + Amumu Ult trumps both.

In my experience, Singed only does well if his team provides him a 3-cap and a tower that the enemy team cannot ignore. Getting him off a tower is a pain in the ass.
He also does great interrupting reinforcing champs from actually getting there to defend, and backdooring la Rammus to dislodge defenders. He can also tank towers for a while and fling defenders away for allies to feast on, with slow under them so they can't get back to the tower in time.

TouchinMyself

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergSwarms View Post
Bandage Toss or Flash + Amumu Ult trumps both.

In my experience, Singed only does well if his team provides him a 3-cap and a tower that the enemy team cannot ignore. Getting him off a tower is a pain in the ass.
Skill shot CC and long CD ult trumps fling and mega adhesive? Not in dominion it dont...

KommunistKevin

10-13-2011

Singed is good vs teams with a lot of melee champs, but he tends to fall apart when the other team has a lot of ranged champs

Singed won't be able to farm and get super tanky and with the bonus penetration he goes down pretty fast, a ranged autoattacks needs only to stand still and shoot singed to death

Bad Luck Braum

01-13-2012

The thing that makes singed so crazy in Dominion is the fact that he already gets his catalyst. Like really, his build is done at that point. Buy whatever random items you want because your singed. The Health packs and speed boosts along the map just make him even more crazy. Its like.... I have a free ghost and free ult at every point of the map XD.

Not to mention if it becomes a race to a health point Singed will never lose a race to a health point and punish you for trying to get the health.

Im pretty sure Singed would get an A For meeting the criteria required for dominion. Not to mention the free magi pene really helps him out.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

Singed is one of my best 3 champs on CS. (Others being Soraka & Riven.) You don't build him tank like on SR, just tanky AP.

Start p.ring+boots. On a great game you can pick up ROA @ 6 min; on a bad game 9 min. Pretty much every game I have the p.ring+upgraded boots+roa @ 10 min. At that point you have a lot of choices:

deathcap (300 ap @ min 15)
Rylia's (so much slowing)
WotA (not generally)
voidstaff (obvious)
glacial/frozen (is their AD carry getting all the kills?)
FoN. (not generally needed, but viable)
Odyn's (ranged surprise!)
Hextech sweeper (because shaco/talon/vayne/wukong/eve are so popular and once you touch them they really can't escape)

Don't go for Sunfire or more than 2 defensive items. You don't have a team of 5, you gotta do the damage yourself.

I almost always take boots3, and add a moonflair spellblade to that if I really need tenacity. But usually, I don't bother. Enemies keep taking your poison damage after you're stunned; silences & blinds you hardly notice. If they're using their CC to escape, just let them go. Tenacity stacks inefficiently with your ult anyway. The important part is not getting kited around the nodes, so the extra 21 movement you have that they don't is a big deal (yes, you should have the masteries & quints to bump your MS).

I'll usually play him top, but he's pretty solid bot as well so you can switch if need be (which is great to have the option of).

Summoners are always exhaust+ghost. You can already tank a few turret hits, so garrison is unneeded. Exhaust gives you a little more range so you can catch anyone, as well as defend yourself if some AA champ thinks they can take you head-on. Ghost is like a mini-ult. Ignite is cool, but you're far better off getting yourself closer. You don't need promote with your pushing power. As fast as you move, flash takes you less than a second's movement away--not worth it.

Masteries don't really matter as long as you pick up the mp/lvl and MS.

Just focus on the damage and the positioning, not the tanky. Fun trick: use ghost if need be, but beat the enemy team to the fork under the windmill at start. Start your skills QQW, and throw a puddle down right in their path to windmill, then run through it with you poison. They have the choice of getting their 3 champs to Windmill late, separate, or all at ~80% health before the fight begins. Just have ctrl-e ready so you can pick up flip the moment you level up.

Figure that you're probably going to die in that fight. You spawn back soon enough (and probably with some part of your ROA bought), and leaving the center of that fight early enough to stay alive if they do focus you means your team loses out on 3-4 of their champs taking another 200 poison damage. Even if they win the fight they'll be too weak to hold the point.

Obviously level your poison first, but after that I usually trade off W and E. Once you have a lvl 2 W, pretty much anyone affected by it is close enough to fling. Leveling fling before maxing W gives you a nice unexpected burst.

Enough with the pontificating. But yes, Singed is huge on Dom.

Fezzywinkle

01-13-2012

I definitely like that throwing glue at the fork below the windmill fight and poisoning everyone that runs through it, it really helps to slow the other team down and take a chunk out of their health before the fight even starts.
I used to like taking a prospectors ring at first, but I have found it unnecessary because you can get your RoA done that much faster if you are spending that 950 gold on a mana and hp crystal.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzywinkle View Post
I definitely like that throwing glue at the fork below the windmill fight and poisoning everyone that runs through it, it really helps to slow the other team down and take a chunk out of their health before the fight even starts.
I used to like taking a prospectors ring at first, but I have found it unnecessary because you can get your RoA done that much faster if you are spending that 950 gold on a mana and hp crystal.
Certainly viable to skip the p.ring. It's just +30 AP/-30hp at the first fight compared to the crystals.

Anyone give a go with starting catalyst with 1-21-8 masteries (for ms) & ms quints? That starts him at 350 ms with no boots, and he'd probably live long enough to get the level 4 and level 5 catalyst regens. He'd get kited something fierce, of course, so maybe only against teams not sending anyone top with quick pokes?

TouchinMyself

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMeta View Post
Singed is one of my best 3 champs on CS. (Others being Soraka & Riven.) You don't build him tank like on SR, just tanky AP.

Start p.ring+boots. On a great game you can pick up ROA @ 6 min; on a bad game 9 min. Pretty much every game I have the p.ring+upgraded boots+roa @ 10 min. At that point you have a lot of choices:

deathcap (300 ap @ min 15)
Rylia's (so much slowing)
WotA (not generally)
voidstaff (obvious)
glacial/frozen (is their AD carry getting all the kills?)
FoN. (not generally needed, but viable)
Odyn's (ranged surprise!)
Hextech sweeper (because shaco/talon/vayne/wukong/eve are so popular and once you touch them they really can't escape)

This build... How is your post getting upvoted? Prospector ring is a waste of gold. If you need boots start with a mana+ health crystal and boots if not start with catalyst. Singed has **** AP ratios and stacking AP makes very little sense. The reason you build tanky is because he is an INITIATOR.

Deathcap: HORRIBLE choice. Poor AP ratios dont magically get better by spending all your gold on it.
Rylais: good because of the health and slow.
WoTA: Seriously?
Voidstaff: Whats obvious about it? You're not a damage dealer why are you wasting money on Mpen?

Everything else makes sense and fits with Singed's role in a team. AP singed is awful...

evilXkilla

01-14-2012

Jpeg and MMKH are high elo players that play Singed quiet a bit. He's definitely strong.

Don't forget he's also a solid bot laner and a great counter pick against AP mages.

TouchinMyself

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMeta View Post
Certainly viable to skip the p.ring. It's just +30 AP/-30hp at the first fight compared to the crystals.
You are completely ignoring the fact that buying p.ring puts off building catalyst which holds off building his #1 core item. Getting ROA faster > 30AP any day of the week on singed.

P.ring = bad