Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Singed: How Good is he in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IntFam

10-13-2011

So, I've been kicking around the idea of using Singed in Dominion. He seems well suited for it. He's a champ with an emphasis on mobility (probably the most mobile champion without a built-in flash next to teemo, I'd say), in fact, his primary weapon is best used by staying on the move.

So has anyone tried using Singed for Dominion to good effect? Also, for clarification, this poison doesn't break channels, does it? That seems a little insane to me if it does. I can't decide if I want to give him a whirl on Dom or not.

Hobocop

10-13-2011

He's decent. Pushes like a boss and Fling is great for getting defenders off their points so the rest of your team can jump on them and eat them alive. His slow is good for blocking off jungle routes for a short time to stall for reinforcements, and running around with poison softens them up for when you do get backup.

Poison will break channels when it first applies, but subsequent ticks will not.

Sunfire Sandals

10-13-2011

Hes annoying. If you enjoy annoying people, he is your choice.

IntFam

10-13-2011

Quote:
Sunfire Sandals:
Hes annoying. If you enjoy annoying people, he is your choice.

He's annoying regardless of modes. That's kind of his thing :P

Also, good to know about the first tick breaking channel. Sounds like he would make an excellent point defender.

IronManZ

10-13-2011

His ult got overnerfed in one of the last patches, his poison damage is only good if you keep chasing him (which you just shouldn't), he has absolutely 0 tanking abilities and horrible cc, and his poison also got overnerfed.

He's absolute cr4p now.

TouchinMyself

10-13-2011

Quote:
IronManZ:
His ult got overnerfed in one of the last patches, his poison damage is only good if you keep chasing him (which you just shouldn't), he has absolutely 0 tanking abilities and horrible cc, and his poison also got overnerfed.

He's absolute cr4p now.

Horrible CC? Fling is probably the best initiating ability in the entire game, maybe besides skarners ult. Thats without even mentioning that slow. Sure it may not be hard CC but fling rocks. I would rather have a singed with fling than a shen with shadow dash on my team any day of the week.

On dominion hes awesome, great pusher, good move speed, Fling is awesome to remove pesky defenders.

Taylor McLean

10-13-2011

Quote:
IronManZ:

He's absolute cr4p now.

Yeah and so are you.

McRofls

10-13-2011

He's a solid pick. If you enjoy playing him then go for it. His only downfall is that he isn't Rammus.

Elealar

10-13-2011

He's fairly good. I actually recently discovered Revive on him; I found that since the game starts on a higher level than level 1 and thus Veteran's Scars is de-emphasized, you don't lose terribly much by going 0/9/21 and Revive does everything Singed wants done (gives him speed, 400 extra HP which rocks especially early on, allows him to not care about dying and yeah) and you don't really have another natural summoner spell to run besides Ghost.

Ignite gets you some kills but who cares, Exhaust...well, all you do is run anyways so it's pretty useless; you WANT them to chase you. Garrison is a very specialized summoner and not one I'm terribly fond of and Promote is just bad. As such, I've begun running Ghost/Revive 0/9/21 Singed (you obviously need Nimbleness; I get Revive Mastery & 6 MR since Magic Damage is usually your real problem) with MPen/Dodge/MR-Lvl/Move Speed Runes.

I haven't tested enough with 0/9/21 vs. 0/21/9 to be sure yet (I only play Singed when he works against the enemy comp) but I think I'm liking it; cutting Revive CD by over one minute is pretty **** nice and obviously, it's Singed so you like Move Speed. You also get some CDR which while not major, is nice with the ult, Adhesive and Fling. You do lose out on 4% damage reduction, 6 Armor, ~4.5 regeneration per sec in end build & 48 HP tho so it's not free of course.

Now, he does have some problems. Poke teams make him incredibly useless, especially if they contain Vayne. Champs like Cassiopeia, Vayne, Ezreal, Zilean & co. are in general incredibly good at making him do not much, and he isn't all that good an attacker (tanky, sure, but it's hard to get anyone under the tower if they try to avoid you at all and use their CC defensively). But if enemy picks a CC-heavy melee team with champs like Poppy, Blitzcrank, Xin, Jax, etc. Singed is in heaven.

He can really do his job of wasting tons upon tons of enemies' time this way; puddles in the middle really increase the time enemy takes to reach points and having to run through poison cloud to get there obviously sucks and then there's the matter of capping points next to Singed/stopping Singed from capping your points, which generally involves chasing Singed. And hell, with ult on it's no problem to just run through.

I do prefer him to Rammus since I find him more disruptive and just in general harder to deal with for many comps; he isn't as fast, especially not before Ult but he throws those slow puddles around, damages people on a huge area behind him and is just obnoxious in general. And obviously, Speed Shrines & Health Pickups are just made for him since all you need to do to do your job is to run around. Once you get Rylai, it gets even more fun.

Wolfalisk

10-13-2011

Quote:
TouchinMyself:
Horrible CC? Fling is probably the best initiating ability in the entire game, maybe besides skarners ult. Thats without even mentioning that slow. Sure it may not be hard CC but fling rocks. I would rather have a singed with fling than a shen with shadow dash on my team any day of the week.

On dominion hes awesome, great pusher, good move speed, Fling is awesome to remove pesky defenders.

Bandage Toss or Flash + Amumu Ult trumps both.

In my experience, Singed only does well if his team provides him a 3-cap and a tower that the enemy team cannot ignore. Getting him off a tower is a pain in the ass.