Help, Changed Resolution, No Video

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThuggleS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2010

Edit: Solved

If you go to League of Legends > game > DATA > CFG > game.cfg and open with notepad you can change the resolution.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Just like the title says.

I changed the resolution to something my monitor is not compatible with, and now I have no video when a game starts up.

This was posted in a previous thread: "If you close down everything regarding LoL, and open Your Riot Games\League of Legends\Game\Data folder there's a config.ini file. Open this, and edit the width and height to 1280x1024, save, and see how you get on."

Well, I have NO config.ini file under the Data folder (I have hidden files currently being shown).

I am on Windows 7 64bit.

hohums

Software Engineer

06-13-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThuggIeS View Post
Just like the title says.

I changed the resolution to something my monitor is not compatible with, and now I have no video when a game starts up.

This was posted in a previous thread: "If you close down everything regarding LoL, and open Your Riot Games\League of Legends\Game\Data folder there's a config.ini file. Open this, and edit the width and height to 1280x1024, save, and see how you get on."

Well, I have NO config.ini file under the Data folder (I have hidden files currently being shown).

I am on Windows 7 64bit.
Games\League of Legends\Game\Data\CFG\game.cfg

Note don't change the one under defaults (ie this one)

Games\League of Legends\Game\Data\CFG\defaults\game.cfg

If it doesn't exist, make a copy and put it in the CFG folder.

Then under [hud] add to the file not in the defaults.

UserSetResolution=1

ThuggleS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
Games\League of Legends\Game\Data\CFG\game.cfg
Thanks Got there just before you posted.

Nathan hale

12-16-2010

It does not exist on my laptop and i am having trouble finding it any suggestions

IceIcyColdACE

12-16-2010

it's not there... can I go into the riot folder?

IceIcyColdACE

12-16-2010

K well I'm there now.. Do I just write right under hud UserSetResolution = 1?

IceIcyColdACE

12-16-2010

bump

IceIcyColdACE

12-16-2010

bump

Hohohohohohoho

02-12-2011

BUUUMP, just got a brand new monitor and cannot get video from LoL. i mean everything else works though, and i can move. just cannot see where i am moving too.

any help?

GnarWars

04-22-2011

I had all the same problems.. maybe I can help.

When I got to this folder I thought mine was missing C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\game\DATA\CFG.
The file is just called game. I edited this file like hohums said to but that did not work, so i took the second half of his advice. I deleted the game file in cfg and went under defaults (located in the same folder) copyed the game file there and pasted it back in cfg again. This fixed all my problems.

Hope this helps.