Pause Implemented for Tournament Games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galdo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2011

In ranked, game shoud be paused when someone DC. I would see a 2 min max pause per player, and a 4 min max per team. Game would be paused if someone dc and unpause if he come back or if the 2 min limit is reached. If he dc again and already used his 2 minutes, game continue. If an other player dc in the same team, another 2 mins is available. If it happens again for any1 else in the team, game continue....

Mr Geppetto

10-13-2011

Good ****. Heartily approve

VoidWraith

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
Summoners!

It’s our pleasure to announce that a game-pausing feature has been made available on our Tournament Realm. This allows administrators at events like [URL2="http://iemnewyork.leagueoflegends.com/"]Intel Extreme Masters New York[/URL2] to halt gameplay in case a player experiences technical issues while playing League of Legends.

Pause may be invoked by a tournament administrator in the following condition:

• AFTER first blood OR the five minutes mark of the game. If any form of technical difficulty occurs prior to either of these conditions, then the game will be restarted.

This new feature will improve the integrity of competitive play in the League of Legends tournament scene, and will provide a much better viewing experience for eSports fans around the globe!
Would be nice if they implemented an auto pause for laggers

As an after thought, I like the afore mentioned limits on pauses. but I'd say give enough for each player per team. Kinda like timeouts in american football.

VoidWraith

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallovt View Post
Good. But what about votes to pause in normal games? Votes to remake? Votes to kick? Replays?
No, vote kick isn't for this game. It's onething in games where people can choose to quit, but they refuse to. This game is about over coming issues as a team, even if one player is purposely f***ing off. and sicne there are no mid game joins well... vote kick sucks. Altough I could see a vote kick pre game for known players that tend to feed other teams.

DJPandamonium

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidWraith View Post
No, vote kick isn't for this game. It's onething in games where people can choose to quit, but they refuse to. This game is about over coming issues as a team, even if one player is purposely f***ing off. and sicne there are no mid game joins well... vote kick sucks. Altough I could see a vote kick pre game for known players that tend to feed other teams.
Vote kick would definitely work in this game .When one gets kicked, his gold would be split among the team. This was a feature of DoTA right from the get go. Riot needs to just steal all of the vote pause, vote kick, vote remake features that S2 put into HAWN. They already used the exact same layout as HAWN for the observer mode that we see in tournaments so why cant they implement these simple features as well?

Edit: Forgot that the acronym for Heroes of Newerth was censored here.

citronlol

10-13-2011

huge ...

Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos , year 2002 had pause, just saying (and replay,spectator ect...)

Blurch

10-13-2011

If it's an instant pause feature, did you ever consider that it might interfere with the flow of the match? If there was a gank for first blood happening at 6 minutes in, for instance, and someone disconnected at the same time, the play might get messed up due to the in-continuity of the team's coordination that would have had the first blood.

CyberTootie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2011

Pause buttons are overrated, that's why LoL hasn't had one until now. I mean if it was so important Riot would've implemented this functionality years ago AMIRITE?!?

Chislayer Osiris

10-14-2011

It would be nice to have this feature in normal games as well.
I know in either HoN or Dota (I can't remember which) there's a feature that allows a vote-to-pause poll that results in a paused game if both teams agree to pause. Either team can then unpause it.

Personally I think it should be paused if 75% of the current players agree.. then majority-rules among a team that wants to unpause, since you know there will always be that one jerk who is happy your carry disconnected. I guess it would take some tweaking to keep people from abusing it.

Anyway, thanks for the feature Riot. This was needed.

MadCast Sabre

10-14-2011

I like the idea, along with the rule to enforce it. However, its kind of a band-aid. Not sure how LAN connected PCs still DC out of games several times during these events. That issue should still be worked on. Overall good for the game, but I would prefer the issue of DC's of LAN connected PC's be fixed.