Pause Implemented for Tournament Games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WizardOfIF

10-13-2011

Sounds like tournaments will be infused with commercials in no time.

Fortus

10-13-2011

awesome, great!

Malbolgiea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2011

Definant +1

Straud Haroon

10-13-2011

hey i was wondering would it be possible to set up spectator mode so someone could look in on a game already in progress?

Luek

10-13-2011

Excellent addition.

Mystryl

10-13-2011

I like this new method. Instead of saying coming soon and getting yelled at for months they wait till it's done then announce it.

Beatnation

10-13-2011

Violent Vioarr

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scullzomben View Post
Please implement this for other game modes.

Make it similar to a surrender vote where you need 4 people on your team to agree on a pause, and as soon as 4 people agree, the game pauses.

I realize this doesn't help if two people on your team dc (but have not quit the game yet), but hey, its a start.
Yes, this is what i was thinking too for all other games, but the option to pause should only appear if someone on your team disconnects so it's not abusable. Just throwing stuff out there but if the vote passes (and it seems clear that most of the time it would pass as no one wants to continue to 4v5) it would pause the game for 10 minutes and then there'd be an obnoxious game sound, like a horn or some **** to let alt tabbed players know that the game has recommenced when the person reconnects or the 10 minutes is up.

Asfastasican

10-13-2011

ONLY TOOK YOU 2 YEARS!

Thank god though. Maybe we can have this feature for Dominion games at least to prevent afk's and dc's from ruining matches. Maybe we'll get replays soon too.

Seseru

10-13-2011

This is a feature that would have no impact on the community, besides those that participate in tournaments.

I do see one problem with this new feature though. Say Team A gets first blood, and a couple ganks on the opposing team just before the 5 minute mark, then someone from Team B simulates a 'technical difficulty' (aka: end task, removal of layer 2 (ethernet cord), alt+f4, power turned off, etc) would the judges be able to tell if fraudulent activities like these, occur? I am sure alt+f4 is monitored, as the PVP client opens up, asking to 'Reconnect", and same with removal of layer 2 devices (if the OS can tell a cord was removed, I am **** sure the client can), but what about the other 'technical difficulties'?

Besides what I had said above, I appreciate the time you take in letting us know. I hope what I said above is taken into consideration, and players in tournaments are properly monitored. I am sure players that participate in tournaments that have read this news post, are devising 'technical difficulty' strategies.

Keep up the updates, and like everyone else, I am as well awaiting the arrival of the Replay feature.