Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

Questions about Beta server and new Beta account

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I have a list of questions about the email I got regarding the Beta..
Oh, and before you read on, this is my first time ever participating in a beta of any kind, soo im sorta lost. any help would be appreciated!!

1- Is this a closed Beta? or an open beta for all players?
2- What is the point of making a new account for the beta? Does this mean i have to start from level 1 again?
3- The account i DID create has the same name and everything as my original, so will that affect my in-game stats at all or anything? If it doesn't do anything, then what was the point of making a new account in the first place?
4- When i got the option to download the LOLPBE.zip it came up as a zipped/winRAR file. MY only experience with winRARs and .zips are from old ISO/CSO PSP hacking stuff and that was just simple copy-paste to my card. Do i need to extract these files? Where do they go? What do i do with them?
4.1- Why do i need to download another LoL client to participate in the Beta when i already have one?
5- How will i know if i am playing in the beta testing? is there a separate server for it?
6- When/If i do download the LOLPBE, will i have a separate LoL client to play on? or will it work for my regular client?
7- Besides looking for bugs in the game, what is the point of a beta testing?
8- After i download the LOLPBE, what do i do? Will downloading this immediately change my LoL experience?
9- How long will this Beta last? Does this mean i can't play in normal servers anymore?
10- I have a free version of winRAR that i downloaded years ago and i would have to save the file, and then extract it to a source... but like is that what im supposed to do? Basically just how do i get started and how do i download this?

** Again, any help answering these questions would be greatly appreciated**