Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[FULL GUIDE] How to install PBE, Step by Step

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarg338

10-13-2011

Quote:
Cinderfang:
Sorry for not being clear. I'm asking what would happen if I used lol.launcher.admin instead of just lol.launcher as posted in step 7: A window will appear with the contents of the file you just extracted. In this folder window you should see 1 folder labeled "RADS" and 2 files with the little LoL icon labeled "lol.launcher.admin" and "lol.launcher". The file we want to double click on is "lol.launcher" (Do not use lol.launcher.admin)

If I use lol.launcher.admin, will I have issues logging into the beta servers?

No. If anything, you SHOULD be using lol.launcher.admin if you are using Windows Vista/7. They are the same thing, but these .exe forces the program to launch in Admin. mode to avoid any kind of compatibility issues.

ArlenStark

10-13-2011

Quote:
Sarg338:
Nevermind that. Do you have something that looks like this?

EDIT: Tinypic link: http://i53.tinypic.com/2ntxppi.png

not sure its too small cant see whats that is there a way to make it bigger?

SinDur

10-13-2011

Quote:
Sarg338:
No. If anything, you SHOULD be using lol.launcher.admin if you are using Windows Vista/7. They are the same thing, but these .exe forces the program to launch in Admin. mode to avoid any kind of compatibility issues.

That's what I figured would be the case, but the guide says not to use them so I wasen't sure if maybe Riot included them for a reason besides the admin compat issues. Thanks a lot. =3

SinDur

10-13-2011

Quote:
ArlenStark:

Looks like a windows 7 bar to me.

Sarg338

10-13-2011

Quote:
ArlenStark:

check out the tinypic link I posted. It's much bigger: http://i53.tinypic.com/2ntxppi.png

Basically, do you have that Windows icon at the bottom left of your screen.

ArlenStark

10-13-2011

Quote:
Sarg338:
check out the tinypic link I posted. It's much bigger: http://i53.tinypic.com/2ntxppi.png

Basically, do you have that Windows icon at the bottom left of your screen.

if i have it on the right side of the screen its still windows?

Sarg338

10-13-2011

Does it look EXACTLY like that? (Except for the icons. The main thing I'm worrying about is the button on the very left and how it looks at the very right of my picture)

ArlenStark

10-13-2011

Quote:
Sarg338:
Does it look EXACTLY like that? (Except for the icons. The main thing I'm worrying about is the button on the very left and how it looks at the very right of my picture)

yeah that red green ble and yellow thing in circle
are you talking about that? if yes i have it

Sarg338

10-13-2011

Quote:
ArlenStark:
yeah that red green ble and yellow thing in circle
are you talking about that? if yes i have it

Yep, that's it. You have Windows. If the bar on your screen looks exactly like that, then you have Windows 7. You are able to download the client just fine

ArlenStark

10-13-2011

Quote:
Sarg338:
Yep, that's it. You have Windows. If the bar on your screen looks exactly like that, then you have Windows 7. You are able to download the client just fine

thanks a lot you're very kind