please find a way to make support being more fun to play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyrite Illusion

10-23-2011

If you wanna have fun as a support, take Janna and lane with Talon.
As for taking minion kills if your lane buddy is doing fine take some kills, if they rage just stop being a babysitter (which is all I do as Janna) and roam the jungle.
I agree that supports win games.

PitDante

10-24-2011

What I find frustrating when I play tank/support is that even if I'm a little behind in gear (because I let my lane partner get all the creeps he can) I'll still be the front line to initiate team fights (particularly when I can bait an aggressive player back into my team and stun). But when it's 35 minutes in and my kda is 1/10/7 and some bad carry/mage is yelling at me for feeding (when all they do is fall back), that's when support no longer becomes fun.

I had a couple 20+ assist games this weekend (just duo-queuing). Those are fun games. Intercepting a Cait ult to save an ally, stunning a Sona into a team kill so we take away all their support, or baiting a lane into chasing me right into a trap...that's what makes support fun. People *****ing because they don't understand the role or the player, that's really frustrating.

*Also people yelling that they didn't get a heal that don't understand what a cooldown is also tops the list of frustrating moments in support. Taric's heal has a super long cooldown unless I can smash something, so if I heal the melee that's running in with me and not you who is ****ing around behind me, don't yell at me.

Nyadnar17

10-24-2011

The only real problem with support is the lack of recognition. It would be nice if SR's scoring system did a better job of showing how much you contributed to the game. As it is the score system pretty much only grades Carries.

El Disidente

07-22-2012

supports are boring for most of the community.

Anzell

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khizan View Post
Personally, I love playing support, preferably Taric. Clutch saves, setting up kills, it's all good.

There are really only two ways to irritated me when I'm playing support, discounting the usual trolling, feeding, etc.

The first is to rage at me for not making a suicidal attempt to save you. Now, I know that as a support with a carry, I am a bodyguard/babysitter. My purpose is to set up kills and keep you alive. If I can die to save you, I usually will. If we are both running away at 200 health, I will take Caitlyn's bullet for you. No problem, that's my job.

What I won't intentionally do is run in when I know that I can't save you. That just feeds them two kills instead of one.

And that brings me to the second thing. If I die to buy you an escape... please ****ing use that chance and escape. Nothing, and I mean nothing, pisses me off more than watching your 90 health self turn around so you can get a single shot off at the half health Xin before eating a charge
He sums it up well.
Personally I enjoy support, but when you get people that cry in que until they get their desired position and just end up playing terrible and feed.
You playing nice guy and going support was for nothing.

Sam Is Whoa

07-22-2012

Support is crazy fun to play. No cs support doesnt mean no gold. Gp5 masteries and runes. Gp5 items. Give you good gold. Also soraka gets free assists on ganks giving extra gold especially with the mastery.

When ur carry backs and the lane is pushed call over your jungle over to gank mid or invade. Your job isn't to get gold its to get others gold.

Chaos Rose Stein

07-22-2012

People play Sona as a support right? Well I play her as an AP carry in mid. So far I haven't lost a game doing so.
I play support when im down bot or up top, but I dont JUST build support items. I also get Rabadons and Rylai's.