please find a way to make support being more fun to play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2011

When you're at the bottom (the two last picks) you are pretty much stuck being support.

And frankly, I find playing support boring as **** to play.

1. You're not allowed to do **** during laning phase other than trying to make an opening on enemy players, you take a single creep you get flamed rest of game

2. Since you're not allowed to get any CS, you're short on gold. Which means you don't get a lot of fancy items. Which is incredibly boring.

3. No items = No scaling, making me feel as the longer the game lasts the less effective I become.

4. While I admit supports should not be spectacular 1v1's. As soon as you get stuck in with <random bruiser with slow/red rune> you're almost always ****ed instantly. Because you're support and if you're not Taric or Soraka you're squishy and die.

Could we do something so support could have some fun in game too? Since you compltely rely on your AD carry to help you win the lane. And some AD carries sucks compared to others during laning phase.

Especially if the other team got the caitlynn. Dat Q makes me QQ

Prof YANA

10-13-2011

Bah, lies. Supports are fun to play, deny the enemy through the whole lane phase, take a few CS when your carry has to go back, grab a couple gold/10 items, and all around show people that you can enable kills and make saves even without a lot of materialism.

GammaEspeon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2011

The only thing that gets to me playing support is the lack of love. I have a blast playing supports, been playing some Sona on her free week and holy **** that was fun. I just don't enjoy when I run down to save someone from a 2v1 they'll surely lose before they can get away, stunning both of them, healing the teammate and then switching to the speed boost song (don't remember ability names, just what they do) and they get away with that sliver of health and get zero recognition for it, not even a thank you from that person. It bugs me that people don't appreciate their supports, but God forbid you make one tiny mistake or something doesn't go right. Don't get me wrong, I do honestly enjoy doing it in spite of the lack of appreciation, just wish people wouldn't take you for granted.

Nixtorm

10-13-2011

Sounds like a personal problem.

I have been playing Sona this week and I have been having a lot of fun.

L2 Sentinel

10-13-2011

I have a ton of fun playing Janna and Karma. They are the only supports I use, but I find support to be just as enjoyable as any other role.

Shiftec

10-14-2011

i find that saving a teammate's ass in a fight through CC or heals and getting one little 'thx' is a lot more satisfying for me than kicking the other team in the balls and getting focused for the rest of the game.

1: harass and heal. take any creeps that are being ignored.

2: see #1

3: get gold/10 items, usually 1 or 2 is fine. i get 3. keep them until all of your other slots are full of gear or wards, then sell as needed. you'll probably profit from this in the long run.

concerning scaling, every support has something awesome they can do that doesn't need scaling to be effective. sona's buffs, janna's knockup, push, movespeed debuff, zilean's movespeed, exp buff, revive, etc.

still fell useless? when one of those 75g wards nets your team a few kills or baron, you might think differently.

4: it's all about the build. use that extra CS mentioned earlier and get yourself an Aegis of the Legion or a Soul Shroud. both are great defensive items with a buff component for team mates, and i always get at least one when playing support. frozen heart and abyssal scepter are also great, since they give you at least one beneficial stat along with some resistance and a debuff for the enemies around you.

also, have you tried karma yet? she's amazing at EVERYTHING support should do, except for the lack of hard CC.
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4194/42966907.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7594/98413431.jpg

Quib

10-14-2011

This is a problem with the meta, not a problem with the game itself.

Mezogog

10-14-2011

Supports are awesome to play. nothing like saving an ally with a clutch buff or heal, plus have you seen what some of them can do now if you give them enough AP?

DAT SORAKA STARFALL

Khizan

10-14-2011

Personally, I love playing support, preferably Taric. Clutch saves, setting up kills, it's all good.

There are really only two ways to irritated me when I'm playing support, discounting the usual trolling, feeding, etc.

The first is to rage at me for not making a suicidal attempt to save you. Now, I know that as a support with a carry, I am a bodyguard/babysitter. My purpose is to set up kills and keep you alive. If I can die to save you, I usually will. If we are both running away at 200 health, I will take Caitlyn's bullet for you. No problem, that's my job.

What I won't intentionally do is run in when I know that I can't save you. That just feeds them two kills instead of one.

And that brings me to the second thing. If I die to buy you an escape... please ****ing use that chance and escape. Nothing, and I mean nothing, pisses me off more than watching your 90 health self turn around so you can get a single shot off at the half health Xin before eating a charge

michlepauvre

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khizan View Post
Personally, I love playing support, preferably Taric. Clutch saves, setting up kills, it's all good.

There are really only two ways to irritated me when I'm playing support, discounting the usual trolling, feeding, etc.

The first is to rage at me for not making a suicidal attempt to save you. Now, I know that as a support with a carry, I am a bodyguard/babysitter. My purpose is to set up kills and keep you alive. If I can die to save you, I usually will. If we are both running away at 200 health, I will take Caitlyn's bullet for you. No problem, that's my job.

What I won't intentionally do is run in when I know that I can't save you. That just feeds them two kills instead of one.

And that brings me to the second thing. If I die to buy you an escape... please ****ing use that chance and escape. Nothing, and I mean nothing, pisses me off more than watching your 90 health self turn around so you can get a single shot off at the half health Xin before eating a charge
Story of my life lol