Lich Bane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Madfriar

10-31-2011

Lich Bane is only effective for a few champions because other AP items are simply better.

Lich Bane works extremely well on a fed Akali who has a deathcap, allowing her to 2 shot people.

On Sion its great because Sion can stack early AP without as much risk since his E allows him to get loads of HP without items.

For Lux it is also a great choice since Lux is difficult to kill as she is, and she would benefit from the movespeed to add to that as well as add more burst. She scales extremely well with a Deathcap and Soulstealer so Lich Bane can often be the next step for a fed Lux.

For Twisted Fate the extra burst and movespeed is great, but most of all it goes with the deathcap. Every good Twisted Fate player gets a Lich Bane and Deathcap, it's just the best way to do it.

For all other champions Lich Bane is NOT a good choice because there is a far more effective AP item to be using in that slot. For example, boots, Hourglass, Deathcap, Void staff, Will of the Ancients, and Rod of Ages. That didn't include other extremely important items such as Banshees Veil, Rylais Crystal Scepter, Gaurdian Angel, Gunblade, Abyssal Scepter, and Deathfires Grasp.

You wouldn't buy a Gunblade on Brand or Malzahar because it costs a lot and you could spend your money/slots better than that. So you wouldnt buy a Lich Bane unless you were playing Sion, Akali, Lux, or Twisted Fate.

Keeperofstars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

eh been using it on an AP Kayle build im working on and it's really nice. Once again though it's last item, and usually by that point it's one of those "situtations" where it's best to choose a different item regardless cause by the time you get to building it, you should have an issue to deal with on the other team, IE a feed melee where having a thornmail is much more worth it.

akalie, tf, sion about only ones that it works for them at all levels / setups.

Pyrite Illusion

10-31-2011

I use LB on my AP casters, Lux Morgana, but as my last item. After you get the usual items, Rod of Ages, deathcap and hourglass/second deathcap. I get a lich blade because it becomes a very good item since you have 600 ish AP that auto attack is doing some serious damage.
In most games you won't have time for a LB but if you get it you will become a powerhouse.

ZCerebrate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

10-31-2011

Honestly I've only really found it awesome as a 5th or 6th item on Kassadin or Akali. Once you have tons of AP already (Rabadons, possibly Meijis + whatever) the item becomes an insane multiplier on your dps and even allows you to backdoor towers like you're Nasus

In Kassadin's case, RoA + GA Kassadin in late game can drop both nexus towers alone if left undefended (He's also a ninja at sneaking past their team. Even if you don't do something like backdooring it's still a looming threat that all of a sudden you drop towers in one wave of minions and get away easily with rift-walks if they come after you.

But like everyone else said it's not common to have champions that really are close and personal with kits that benefit fully from a Lichbane because they can sequence their skills rather than spamming all at once (Maybe Orianna, Lux imo but not many beyond those).