Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to Install

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wasps

10-13-2011

Hello, I just wanted to give you guys a quick way to download the PBE and to get started.
-Starting from the email-

1.) Click the link that says [CLICK HERE]

2.) Then continue to create you account. Remember this uses the international date system so month and day are switched. (The page looks like the normal signup page.)

3.) Now you should download the LOLPBE.zip file.

4.) Once you have done that extract it to your desktop (or whatever folder you wish to have it in)

5.) Now open of the folder and run one of the two launchers and wait. It will take a while for your patcher to patch everything so don't worry if it is taking a long time.

6.) Once it has finished installing you may wonder why the server is offline this is because the beta won't be open all the time.

7.) Once you actually are able to get into the server you will be asked to chose your Summoner Name and Logo.

8.) After you have done that if you don't have any IP or RP and you aren't level 30 just log out and log back in.

9.) Enjoy!

Thanks,
Wasps

Xtractor

10-13-2011

are there really people who need help with this?
if you cant figure this out your not really supposed to play this game imo, go outside where you belong.

Wasps

10-13-2011

Quote:
Xtractor:
are there really people who need help with this?
if you cant figure this out your not really supposed to play this game imo, go outside where you belong.

This is true...

Black Lister

10-13-2011

I click on one of the .exe's and it asks to run. I say yes, nothing happens.
Is it supposed to be like that?

Xtractor

10-13-2011

Quote:
Black Lister:
I click on one of the .exe's and it asks to run. I say yes, nothing happens.
Is it supposed to be like that?

if you followed the steps above you should get the League patcher to start patching your PBE game client.

Are you maybe running a other (like the normal US) instance of league of legends?

Tiziu

10-13-2011

Nice going, OP! We need more people like you in the community.

Black Lister

10-13-2011

Quote:
Xtractor:
if you followed the steps above you should get the League patcher to start patching your PBE game client.

Are you maybe running a other (like the normal US) instance of league of legends?

No, i've checked my processes and nothing is there. I've extracted all of the extraxt files to a folder on my dektop, so they should all be there. I use the lol.launcher.admin.exe file and all that pops up is a prompt asking me to allow the program to run. Then nothing happens.

Xtractor

10-13-2011

have you tried the normal .exe not the admin one?

Black Lister

10-13-2011

Quote:
Xtractor:
try the normal .exe not the admin one.

Did that one too. Nothing happened. Should I re-extract a new batch?

Sarg338

10-13-2011

Quote:
Black Lister:
No, i've checked my processes and nothing is there. I've extracted all of the extraxt files to a folder on my dektop, so they should all be there. I use the lol.launcher.admin.exe file and all that pops up is a prompt asking me to allow the program to run. Then nothing happens.

Why do you have all of the files at the same level? You really should keep the integrity of the files you downloaded. What I'm getting is,m in the LoL Public Beta folder, is the RADS folder, and then the 2 .exe's.