Personal Score - A Detriment to Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2011

Quote:
Also, what's wrong with higher scores? The value of a single point is only what one gives to it. It's not like one point = $0.01 under all circumstances (A penny is always 1/100 of a dollar, a point is an abstract concept with no inherent value). 2000 points now might be roughly equal to 10000 points in a different system, it's merely the interpretation of the number.
I didn't mean higher scores, I was more talking about, having so many ways to get points, any player could do anything they want and get tons of points, watering down the whole point of the system. A way to gauge contribution besides K/D/A.

Like I'm not sure how much I like partial points for capping. I think partial points award is a good idea for the system, but I see as far as capping is concered, is one of those things that could reward the faster champion more. Always getting their first perhaps? Plus how does that system work during a fight when capturing is constantly being broken?

That's what I meant about being overly complicated. I think it might be better to start with tweaking what we have nerfing points for kills off nodes, buffing defensive ticks off point. Only adding simple mechanics, like points for minion kills.

GammaEspeon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadarok View Post
I didn't mean higher scores, I was more talking about, having so many ways to get points, any player could do anything they want and get tons of points, watering down the whole point of the system. A way to gauge contribution besides K/D/A.

Like I'm not sure how much I like partial points for capping. I think partial points award is a good idea for the system, but I see as far as capping is concered, is one of those things that could reward the faster champion more. Always getting their first perhaps? Plus how does that system work during a fight when capturing is constantly being broken?

That's what I meant about being overly complicated. I think it might be better to start with tweaking what we have nerfing points for kills off nodes, buffing defensive ticks off point. Only adding simple mechanics, like points for minion kills.
Fair enough, I suppose I misunderstood your intent. I did try to keep things focused mainly on capturing and defending points, though.

I hadn't thought about those points in your second paragraph, either. The issue with the partial capture points could have some leeway on when a second person starts, but if it's already 50% complete with no threat, you're not really adding much to the capture to start channeling on it. The constant capture breaking, not sure how to do that one outside of only giving the points only once per X seconds.

Of course, fixing what we currently have is best before adding anything else to the mix as it adds more issues in balancing. I'm merely offering a list of ideas that could be implemented at a future time. Adding all of them at once would also probably not do well either because it's a lot of extra stuff to take in at the same time plus the potential balance nightmare.

Jadarok

10-14-2011

Quote:
I hadn't thought about those points in your second paragraph, either. The issue with the partial capture points could have some leeway on when a second person starts, but if it's already 50% complete with no threat, you're not really adding much to the capture to start channeling on it.
This is very true. In fact, this is almost always a bad thing. If you see two champs capping an already neutralized point, it's better for the team if you go somewhere else to apply pressure somewhere else. Wasting time to run to that node to get that +40 cap score for channeling for less than a second shouldn't really be rewarded.

Heck maybe it already works this way actually. Isn't there something called Cap Assist? Is that when you get points for being near a node your team captures? Perhaps then we could somehow make it apply that way. If you are only there to channel a little bit of the capture, you only get a Cap Assist and not full points for a Capture.

Jigglefeed

10-25-2011

I don't see why Dominion doesn't just use gold earned instead of a personal score. It would be more accurate I would think.

Hotdogs

10-26-2011

i think its better since they changed it but it could still be improved

i often assist cap points just for points not because i think its a good idea

WaterD103

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I don't disagree here, though I think the analysis isn't totally accurate that it should all be done at once. I'd rather adjust it each patch a little so we can do it more accurately.
You should just remove it, its pointless. Bring back KDA and CS btw, those are numbers i want to know and I have them annoyingly hidden and replaced by a score that is 110% useless to help me evaluate my own play.