Runelock: The Zaunite Engine (or a ranged tank)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ire Researcher

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deventhor View Post
I want this <3
as do I

Ire Researcher

10-03-2012

bump

Ire Researcher

10-07-2012

bump

Ire Researcher

10-12-2012

bump

matrixEXO

10-12-2012

Theme: A design supposedly based on a tank that makes me scratch my head when I read your skills. If you don't get what I mean, it doesn't have that tanky feel that a tank should have, at all.

Passive: Stacking debuffs to cause fear, but has a duration before reapplying debuff. And it has a synergy with his skills. Interesting.

Q: I'm a bit clueless. Does it push enemy back to 450 units from him if they are too close to him... or does it charm the person forward into 450 units distance of him? The statement for it is quite hard to grasp. Besides that, if it causes charm effect, I believe the name is not proper. Confusion does not equal running towards a singular enemy. Confusion in a battlefield makes people guess what is going on. Basically imagine squad A is confused since they are cannot communicate with home base. Squad B approaches squad A from the opposite direction (where the enemy is from) but are remaining hidden as they too do not know anything. Both can fire at each other as they do not know who is it. This is confusion. What I mean is, the name and skill effect does not match.

W: What I don't get is that it applies the passive's debuff AFTER you leave the area. Why did you make it so? It feels strange cause if you go into an area filled with tear gas, you wouldn't leave the area and then only feel the sting in your eyes. And the fact that damage scales with magic resist... it's awful.

E: Another magic resist scaling ability. And this time a heal beacon that can be destroyed to deal damage instead. Which is interesting, having a beacon that heals ally units and can be used offensively to damage enemy and apply the passive's debuff stack.

R: A damage reducer that lasts for a short time and does not protect the user itself. Hmm, I kind of see why you decide to do it but I kind of feel that you miss the mark.

Overall: Support. Plain and simple. There is no 2 way around it. It heals, has good CC and can help reduce team's damage. Support. Maokai is about the same, except without the healing. Tanks normally don't heal and don't support allies. They are there for their hardness and annoyance. Your champion is the exact opposite of that. Heals and non-self damage reduction on top of CC that can annoy people. This is definitely a support. You may try to build him tanky, but he is still under support.

When you want something, you need to be prepared to lose something. Even things that are most precious to you.

Sign - MatrixEXO

Ire Researcher

02-18-2013

I really just want a ranged tank, that is all. A class that lives up to the namesake.

I also want it to be a spidertank, because Spidertanks are just neat...

I can't scale AP. That implies magic, and is against the entire point of the character. AD would be too dangerous.

Q is a solid tether, it forces the enemy into a range.

Honestly, I could use a suggestion for W. It's an effect that lingers. it doesn't start lingering until after you leave, or it dissipates.

E is one of the better ones...

R makes the character more of a need to destroy.

Ire Researcher

02-18-2013

multiple updates, fixed some of the wording to make sense, fixed a broken link.

Ire Researcher

02-19-2013

bump

Ire Researcher

02-19-2013

hiatus + time + loads of bland ideas in forum = little attention.

Ire Researcher

02-19-2013

I see, someone is downvoting my bumping posts. Well, I suppose it's to be expected.