Runelock: The Zaunite Engine (or a ranged tank)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sachel Page

07-02-2012

bump

Ire Researcher

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blorgorize View Post
You're one of the few people I've seen that made the Ranged Tank look great on paper. I take it this champion doesn't have a resource pool like Garen and Riven, since I didn't see any reference to it while reading.

The one thing I feel a little sad about is that he only has one path to increase the output of his abilities, with attack damage. You could add an ability power coefficient to his W and E to give another option of building him. Another stat like Magic Resistance works too, as his doctor hated magic with a passion it makes sense that his abilities would scale off of magic resistance via lore. I'm only poking at his Q,W and E as his ultimate would lose its balance with a modifer.

Adding a secondary stat booster for his abilities like magic resistance or ability power would give him more leverage against a wider variety of champions.
I will probably add Magic Resistance then. It'd be a good stat to build for him then.

Indeed, Runelock has no resource pool, as mana indicates spell use, energy implies life... Steam works for Rumble, but not Runelock, who is more... well built. Rage doesn't really work for Runelock, as the character is mean to come across as a bit cold and robotic... Right now all the tanks use mana and magic, save for Shen.

Yetiman969

07-15-2012

Any riot employee who has viewed this (massively long) page, along with your endless efforts to balance this champion without at the very least offering you a congratulations or immediately sending this to become a new champion deserves to rot for all eternity for his stupidity and thoughtlessness.

You are a master champion designer sir, and I hope that this champion reaches the light of a day on summoners rift, and that any other champions you design are at least half as good, (which will still be impressive) I look forward to popping out of nowhere and destroying runelock with a blast of ice from cryocore brand.

Ire Researcher

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetiman969 View Post
Any riot employee who has viewed this (massively long) page, along with your endless efforts to balance this champion without at the very least offering you a congratulations or immediately sending this to become a new champion deserves to rot for all eternity for his stupidity and thoughtlessness.

You are a master champion designer sir, and I hope that this champion reaches the light of a day on summoners rift, and that any other champions you design are at least half as good, (which will still be impressive) I look forward to popping out of nowhere and destroying runelock with a blast of ice from cryocore brand.
You flatter me, although I doubt that any Riot employees have seen Runelock. I certainly hope that this champion is used someday. It would be rather inspiring to see a non-Riot born champion appear from these forums and appear in the game.

Ire Researcher

07-21-2012

bump

Ire Researcher

07-24-2012

bump

HeyImAustin

07-25-2012

This is fantastic. Awesome look and concept. He's not super OP either. I really enjoy his schematics and skills. This is well done. I would purchase this champion in a heartbeat!

Ire Researcher

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyImAustin View Post
This is fantastic. Awesome look and concept. He's not super OP either. I really enjoy his schematics and skills. This is well done. I would purchase this champion in a heartbeat!
Thanks! and, given the chance, I would too.

Yetiman969

07-26-2012

Some other ideas for skins
Tumblelock (based on the batman tumbler)
Sand lock (based on epic batte fantasy 3 kitten tank, if you havent played it then dont worry)
Batlock (batman bat (flying thing))
Snowlock(ed?) (like a snow plow, melee's if the enemy gets too close by ramming, shoots snowballs)

Ire Researcher

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetiman969 View Post
Some other ideas for skins
Tumblelock (based on the batman tumbler)
Sand lock (based on epic batte fantasy 3 kitten tank, if you havent played it then dont worry)
Batlock (batman bat (flying thing))
Snowlock(ed?) (like a snow plow, melee's if the enemy gets too close by ramming, shoots snowballs)
kind of odd ideas. there'd be copyright issues with a couple though...