Runelock: The Zaunite Engine (or a ranged tank)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bigg Fuddgee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

thats sounds better =D and thank you i admire the champion really, its unique =D

Ire Researcher

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Fuddgee View Post
thats sounds better =D and thank you i admire the champion really, its unique =D
I believe nothing is truly unique, but I intend to make something work that several have said shouldn't...

Thank you, and please be sure to vote up the first post!

Dessim8

10-25-2011

When I first looked at this champion, the skills seemed too weak, and then I noticed the lack of a mana bar and I still thought similarly!

Q is... eh. For a taunt, its weak, for a nuke its weak. Shen can snag multiple targets and Rammus shreds their Armor. All you do is a lot of damage and do so from range (which IMHO isn't that dangerous for a single second.)

W is... okay, I'd reduce the damage reduction percentage and remove the self nerf. He deals low damage as is!

E is just abysmal. Usually, the rant is that HoT is too strong, but this, this is too weak. If its going to be over 15 seconds, make it better and have it so enemies must force you away or else. A team fight could end long before 15 seconds end. And healing 21.333 health per second isn't much at all. At least up the AD ratio or make it .1 per second. As is, this skill promotes the turtling idea that Riot seems to dislike.

R is probably the best skill here. Now you say 'several' mortars. Does that mean each mortar does 1/2/350 damage? I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say no. If so,it seems a great skill.

All in all though, this thing screams AD tank/bruiser. He seems odd for a tank: His healing is too sluggish unlike Alistar or Taric, his taunt is too short and his W... wait does it effect Runelock as well?

All in all, I sorta see where the idea is going, but the arbitrary numbers need to be tweaked.

BomberGob

10-25-2011

Cool idea, I have idea for a alternate ultimate.

Runelock Fires up the Tesla coils on his back making up to two nearby champions unkillable for the duration of the spell as long as they stay close. Runelock is slowed by 25% for the duration of this spell. Champions under the spells affect still take damage.

Not sure if it be to op or not, unlike Kaylee ultimate you still take damage and you must remain next to Runelock to benefit from it. Possible counters are simply running away since he's slowed, knocking the affected heroes away from Runelock, or just killing Runelock first.

Ire Researcher

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessim8 View Post
When I first looked at this champion, the skills seemed too weak, and then I noticed the lack of a mana bar and I still thought similarly!

Q is... eh. For a taunt, its weak, for a nuke its weak. Shen can snag multiple targets and Rammus shreds their Armor. All you do is a lot of damage and do so from range (which IMHO isn't that dangerous for a single second.)

W is... okay, I'd reduce the damage reduction percentage and remove the self nerf. He deals low damage as is!

E is just abysmal. Usually, the rant is that HoT is too strong, but this, this is too weak. If its going to be over 15 seconds, make it better and have it so enemies must force you away or else. A team fight could end long before 15 seconds end. And healing 21.333 health per second isn't much at all. At least up the AD ratio or make it .1 per second. As is, this skill promotes the turtling idea that Riot seems to dislike.

R is probably the best skill here. Now you say 'several' mortars. Does that mean each mortar does 1/2/350 damage? I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say no. If so,it seems a great skill.

All in all though, this thing screams AD tank/bruiser. He seems odd for a tank: His healing is too sluggish unlike Alistar or Taric, his taunt is too short and his W... wait does it effect Runelock as well?

All in all, I sorta see where the idea is going, but the arbitrary numbers need to be tweaked.
Too weak? I was afraid of making him be too powerful in comparison to other tanks... Since he has the range...

Every time I've had a taunt/attack like that, people protest it's OP, but if you think it needs more buffing, I can do that.

So I need to increase the HoT overall...

His W doesn't protect him.

R: the area is 350 damage applied, multiple mortars is just for aesthetics.
He ought to be a bit odd, but in a good sense.

I've applied some changes, as you've suggested. hopefully the numbers are a bit better.

Ire Researcher

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberGob View Post
Cool idea, I have idea for a alternate ultimate.

Runelock Fires up the Tesla coils on his back making up to two nearby champions unkillable for the duration of the spell as long as they stay close. Runelock is slowed by 25% for the duration of this spell. Champions under the spells affect still take damage.

Not sure if it be to op or not, unlike Kaylee ultimate you still take damage and you must remain next to Runelock to benefit from it. Possible counters are simply running away since he's slowed, knocking the affected heroes away from Runelock, or just killing Runelock first.
So it'd essentially turn two people into Tryndamere? *shudder* That's a bit less fun for my opponents.

not to mention If I have trynd on my team, that'd make it redundant in that regard...

Ire Researcher

10-25-2011

Some changes have been applied now.

BomberGob

10-25-2011

Eh Tryns ult cant really be stopped or countered in anyway cept stunning him when his health gets lows and bursting him before he gets out. And even if he was on your team it's not redundant as you can do one after the other for a longer period of invulnerability. The only time I see it being too powerful is at towers since you generally don't wanna run away from your tower and leave it to die.

That being said I love your hero but I just think he needs something to make people actually target him. His taunt is alittle weaker then other similar spells and his heal is a drop and forget type deal meaning once he uses it I have little reason to target him as it will stay on the field regardless or not if he's alive.

Ire Researcher

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberGob View Post
Eh Tryns ult cant really be stopped or countered in anyway cept stunning him when his health gets lows and bursting him before he gets out. And even if he was on your team it's not redundant as you can do one after the other for a longer period of invulnerability. The only time I see it being too powerful is at towers since you generally don't wanna run away from your tower and leave it to die.

That being said I love your hero but I just think he needs something to make people actually target him. His taunt is alittle weaker then other similar spells and his heal is a drop and forget type deal meaning once he uses it I have little reason to target him as it will stay on the field regardless or not if he's alive.
Well, it's his W that makes you want to target him, since it reduces your damage to any other champ except him. I've already buffed the taunt a bit in range, taunt length, and damage. That, and the fact he can silence after multiple hits.

As for the heal, it's another thing to target other than your teammates. If it's combined with the shield, they (theoretically) shrug off damage you'd do to them by the reduction and the heal.

BomberGob

10-25-2011

Aww just noticed the changes to his Q, also the fact that beacons have health. I stand corrected.

+upvote