Runelock: The Zaunite Engine (or a ranged tank)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ire Researcher

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanös View Post
Waaaaay too much CC. Stun, silence, taunt. AND a shield, AND a heal.
This character can do too much, in fact he can do everything, even nice damage.
(Notably the current game engine doesn't particularly support an actual, literal Tank. He'd look stupid as hell. Might want to ditch the treads and get some legs, other wise he's just going to look silly, suddenly changing direction while on treads)
So, not much to say here really. Too much CC, the heal is way too big, and he generally just doesn't fit into the lore or game appearance wise.
Sorry to be so Critical but this champion really can just do way too much.
Goodluck though, I'd advise just not listening to me, I really do dislike the idea of having a literal tank. I was proud of the game for not doing it up to this point.
No game like DoTa has an actual Tank tank... Why nobody had done it is exactly why I did it. I'm not sure it can't since all it needs is a 'moving' appearance, not actual moving tread plates... C&C generals did it well.

Counterarguement is such: The only other Tank/Support is Taric. He uses all AP, has a stun, armor shield, an AoE damage attack, and a dual heal.
Leona, another tank, has a stun, immobilization, slow, a self shield, and good damage. That's 3 CC moves, two of which are an AoE.

Taric makes a good tank, and a decent support. Runelock is roughly 50% support, 50% tank.

The heal is a HoT, not one go, and it is a killable beacon. If it's offed, no stun. Runelock can't lob beacons.

Doesn't fit into the lore? Zaun is already stated as making siege engines, and dabbling in forbidden mad science. It's part of Riven's lore, and just about everyone representing Zaun! Unless you choose to selectively ignore the Journal of Justice entries as well as champion backgrounds...

El Humblebee

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by supagama View Post
Im imagining less of an actual tank, but rather a steampunk gorilla-like creature with the top of a double-barrel tank attached to his back. He would move on all fours and shoot from his back. Other than that really dig the concept, nice job!
I agree with this. Not so much that you should have a huge gorilla, but rather that I feel you're pressing this tank is a tank as in an actual land roving war machine thing too hard. Maybe if you allowed it to become more of a creature you could have a more creative champ design?
Although I do acknowledge that you designed him this way

Ire Researcher

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Humblebee View Post
I agree with this. Not so much that you should have a huge gorilla, but rather that I feel you're pressing this tank is a tank as in an actual land roving war machine thing too hard. Maybe if you allowed it to become more of a creature you could have a more creative champ design?
Although I do acknowledge that you designed him this way
You want legs? I can do legs...

Ire Researcher

11-08-2011

But if I make it a spidertank...size has to be decreased.

Ire Researcher

11-08-2011

You know, the negative reaction towards design makes my piltover support/carry idea seem like a waste of time.

IntelOshi

11-08-2011

Dude i like the actual tank tank thing but bigger target means easier to hit XD i like the idea of a spider like tank maybe something straight from warhammer. As for wasted time ive made three champs and barely anyone has looked at any of them.... Quil Qye and Oshibana DX

Ire Researcher

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelOshi View Post
Dude i like the actual tank tank thing but bigger target means easier to hit XD i like the idea of a spider like tank maybe something straight from warhammer. As for wasted time ive made three champs and barely anyone has looked at any of them.... Quil Qye and Oshibana DX
Huh, warhammer. I was thinking of Ghost in the shell myself, but that also works. Also, that is good for a tank. Skillshot interception!

And I devote a great deal of my time to developing my champion, including keeping it bumped...

DLChade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

Haha, yes i can see you have a bit of shamless bumping happening :P

Honestly i think it is all a little too op. Lot of cc, has a heal, range and a high base dmg? To make it fair there has to be some negative, or weakness to all chars so it doesnt get one sided. Thats why the carrys- the dmg dealers- are squishy, so they can be killed quickly, and why the tanks have relatively little hp ect ect. There is no current char at the moment that i can see would have any advantage against this char ,so i dont think they will use it. On the other hand they might take your ideas and use them in another char. Good idea for a char though, i like the back story

Tweal

11-08-2011

The idea of a tachikoma makes me smile. What would you do for alternate skins though?

Ire Researcher

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweal View Post
The idea of a tachikoma makes me smile. What would you do for alternate skins though?
Someone mentioned something like a gorilla-mounted gun...

Might have an urban version, with extra armor, police lights...

Quote:
Honestly i think it is all a little too op. Lot of cc, has a heal, range and a high base dmg? To make it fair there has to be some negative, or weakness to all chars so it doesnt get one sided. Thats why the carrys- the dmg dealers- are squishy, so they can be killed quickly, and why the tanks have relatively little hp ect ect. There is no current char at the moment that i can see would have any advantage against this char ,so i dont think they will use it. On the other hand they might take your ideas and use them in another char. Good idea for a char though, i like the back story
Well, DLChade, I've used the stats from other champions as reference. Runelock is currently out-healthed by some of the tanks. He does less damage than the tanks as well, as he's mostly a utility tank.

He does have a few weaknesses, actually, in that his 'heal/cc' has to be manually detonated, and only affects those close to it. His ult has subpar damage, because it's meant as a slow. His attacks are weaker at maximum range.

Like any tank/carry, he is quite weak to assassins and true damage.