I can't play an AD carry...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ColossusCrusher

10-13-2011

Don't forget that if you can fully farm two creep waves you just got the gold equivalent of a champion kill, more or less. It's fine to go 0/X/Y as long as you have a stupid amount of CS (or are a 0 CS support with lots of assists). Gold >> KDA

Enchantz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2011

Focus on last hiting not kills

Vuther

10-13-2011

Who gets the kills rarely matters. Your enemies should be doing their best to not die, requiring your team to also do their best to try to ensure they die. The faster they die, the faster your team can return to pushing and farming. Just worry about farming, and staying behind your team. Kills are not how one should judge a carry player's ability (or indeed, any player).

SkeletalArm

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheekostick View Post
Title says it all. I can occasionally play a carry and do well with them, but most of the time my performance is absolutely mediocre. And it's not that I feed, or don't farm correctly, or choose poor items. I do none of those (most of the time at least). I tend to hold the lane well, play in a tight-aggressive style, harass, buy wards, everything.

The problem is I can never get the kill. By this I mean if I'm paired with a sona or janna as say, a cait, I won't ever get the kill if we go for it. I will take the enemy down to 5 health and an autoattack from janna will kill it. Or I'll be in a 1v1 with someone, be chasing them down, and an ally will pop in and take it. I just played an ezreal where I got a double-kill at my tower, followed by getting one other kill for the entire game. I had 15 assists by the end of it, but no more kills. I tend to quickly fall behind in itemization and become unable to carry at all.

I actively try to get the kills, but it never happens. The blitzcrank will ult and take it. The Alistar will headbutt for it, and so on. I end up getting a small number of kills and watch as the other team's carry racks them up and gets itemized way before me. Hell, even if I play a jungler and gank frequently, I won't get any kills. I played a jungle xin in one game, and had 0 kills for the entire game, and started the game with 5 assists.

So what can I do to prevent this? Should I just stick to my tanks like Maokai, and AP carrys? Or is there some way to make sure I get kills more often? I just don't get what I'm doing wrong.
When I read this I thought of you as pretty lucky. Whenever I play an AD Carry I end dieing almost everytime I get a kill after getting just 2 kills. Eventually I would win but only because of how I took out the enemy carry.
Personally I think you're entire team should aim for assists because of the greater chance in numbers. If you can get the kill, go for it. If not then have the guy near the kill get it. It's better than letting the sucker get away and return with full health.

Tylerpb

10-13-2011

Also, if you do a lot of the damage for the kill you'll still get a nice chunk of gold for that assist.

As someone said, it's fairly uncommon to be in a situation where you can worry about who is KSing whom rather than just trying all out to get the kills. If you try and worry about last hitting enemy champions much you'll find your team missing out on kills entirely and it doesn't take much of that to overcome any disadvantage from the wrong person getting the kills. It's not that uncommon at all for those who can afford to chase better to get the actual kills, while you're the one that made them run in the first place and get kills on the ones that don't try and run.