Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riotmarketing - Loyalty programs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diadave

10-12-2011

Hi Riot,

Wasn't sure where to post this i had a go on the main forums but as with any post not relating to nerfing Irelia or another meme it finds its way off the front page in around 2 minutes.

I'd like to suggest a marketing move that i hope would not only benefit players but also your bottom line. Chances are you marketing department has already thought of it and is either working towards it or doesn't think it would work, however..

My suggestion is a loyalty system, call it Gift Points (GP) and for every Riot Point (RP) purchase you make you get a certain amount of points, get the genius's in the marketing department to do the maths and work out the prices, but each time you spend RP you get some GP which you save up and can then buy things with, whether it be runes, champions, ip bonus's, t-shirts from the Riot Store whatever, the point is to make people believe they are going to get something for the money the spend beyond what they get initially.

Loyalty programs work. It's why every credit-card/airline/electricity company on earth has one.

Obviously it would take some time to work out the exact numbers but i really think this would help increase your overall margins significantly. Given you are a micro-sale business i'm guessing without having done any major research into you specifically but having done significant study in the gambling sector that it's all about numbers of active clients rather than small numbers of big spenders and this could only increase the number of actives and the amounts they spend. From my past study it costs around 5 times as much to get a new customer as it does to retain an old one..

I'd also like to suggest 3 for 2 deals and the like.

Currently when you buy a champion as you are well aware chances are it will cost you a nice round 975 RP, roughly $7.50

Well what im suggesting and you've probably already thought of it and decided against, but is that if you buy 2 champions at the same time (using RP) you can purchase whichever that week for free, i would guess this would improve sales as you are a micro sale business and the more purchases you get inevitably the more money you would make overall.

TL;DR - Give us something for spending RP so we spend more RP.

BeneathTheLaw

11-01-2011

interesting idea. mabey it's in place, try googling for the loyalty lp bonus.

NovaTornado

Recruiter

11-01-2011

._. they sorta do. if u buy over $5 u get additional rp, like 1380 instead of 1100 for $10 i think?

Tom4Tom

11-02-2011

Quote:
NovaTornado:
._. they sorta do. if u buy over $5 u get additional rp, like 1380 instead of 1100 for $10 i think?

exactly. pretty much hits the nail on the head...and that's that...

Whispy

Recruiter

11-02-2011

He means not for buying rp for spending it... I.E buying Graves and Renk then you get another one of your choice for free... basically buy 2 get 1 free

Nalks

11-03-2011

And or Riot could revamp the pvp.net launcher and add more community features and things for ease of access to bring the players together and make them feel like they're part of a bigger picture than they are as of now in LoLs current condition such as the following ....

• Clan system
  • In-client clan calendar
  • In-client clan message board
  • In-client mail system
  • Weekly automated tournaments
  • In-client forum access
  • In-client LoL Summoner Showcase page
  • Static menus instead of web pages that have to load up (profile,rune, mastery pages,etc.)

Pretty much making players feel like they're more involved in the LoL community, this could help hook the current player base and possibly future players. Because i can tell you right now I don't feel the least bit immersed n LoL when i log in. Log in - click play - select mode - enter queue - run around in-game - rinse lather and repeat. Communities play a big part in keeping any game alive.