Counter Picks for OP Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stez007

10-12-2011

Wouldn't really call Sivir a 'counter' though so much as a 'you can't stop me from attacking your point. Not alone, anyway' pick.

HowlingKommando

10-12-2011

Nocturne isn't that great imo. He's good early-mid game, but falls over later game. His ulti has a long cd and he tends to lose to a lot of champs in a fight. Good supporter, but not so great alone.

Fiddles is countered by a lot of champs that can just stun him when he drains. And we all know when his abilities are on cd, he's a very easy kill. He can be good, but it depends a lot on the picks.

EerieElements

10-12-2011

This is a very useful and productive thread. Very cool to see a productive thread that isn't about complaining or trolling.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

Pretty much anyone who has decent ranged ability to kill turrets and some kind of AoE to counterpush can stop Heimer. Karthus, Sivir, Galio, Malzahar, Cho'gath, Gragas, and Caitlyn can all do it.

Jax can get rocked by AP burst with DFG, since Jax players tend to skimp on actual defensive items besides dodge boots in favor of stacking more HP through damage. A Vayne packing SoTD with a properly executed Condemn stun can do well, as can Kog'maw with SoTD. Champs with attack speed debuffs are also pretty good picks, like Nasus, Malphite, and Gragas.

Pick any decent assassin to kill Kog'maw. LeBlanc and Kassadin are two good picks that aren't banned too often because everyone bans Jax/Akali/Rammus/Shaco/Poppy.

FDru

10-12-2011

Nunu counters Heimer well but is almost completely worthless aside from that. If he's bot lane then he's not buffing your carry with Blood Boil and he will eventually get pushed anyway because of the long cooldown on consume.

Fiddle can counter bad Heimers, but if Heimer saves his grenades for drains it's GG.

nopax

10-12-2011

Jax >> most mdps with SoTD, ranged AD lategame with SoTD sometimes too
Heimer >> Kog after a bit, he has so much damage the turrets are np
Kog >> poppy if she doesn't ult the kog (he'll kill her before she can get him)
Akali >> lightbringer and wit(sp)'s end

TakinTheHeat

10-12-2011

Any Ad champ ----- Nasus. Perma wither is broken.

Ultime

10-12-2011

lol what a fatal noob, trying to counter rammus with YI? rammus is the best anti YI
if you say rammus is OP, you are bad

counter to rammus : MR , armor pen, life steal, ranged ap caracter

if rammus goes full move speed with pris blessing, then hes a faill tank in team fight, because when you are actually good at the game, backdooring is not a good option, and rarely you get a good opening

all his ability are point blank range , how do you expect him to be usefull and engage ? powerball burst is perfect

cry more and L2P

Ketzrix

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultime View Post
lol what a fatal noob, trying to counter rammus with YI? rammus is the best anti YI
if you say rammus is OP, you are bad

counter to rammus : MR , armor pen, life steal, ranged ap caracter

if rammus goes full move speed with pris blessing, then hes a faill tank in team fight, because when you are actually good at the game, backdooring is not a good option, and rarely you get a good opening

all his ability are point blank range , how do you expect him to be usefull and engage ? powerball burst is perfect

cry more and L2P
Killing Rammus wasn't my worry, and yeah, Yi is terrible at that. I was just experimenting with what champ can try to match his speed, and Yi was the best I had. However, if I owned her I might try Lux. Short cool Down on a long ranged Ult can disrupt his capping a tower quickly, and her CC and decent AP skills would probably be effective on a Movement speed Rammus.

Nappy Hoe

10-12-2011

jax ----- vayne