Counter Picks for OP Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ketzrix

10-12-2011

With such quick games with high gold/leveling, I have been able to experiment and find good counter picks to otherwise OP champs. Note, I don't really have a counter pick for Rammus yet, but that's because he is annoying with speed and you can't out speed him. I did try Master Yi, but just didn't have killing power to scare Ram away.

Jax-----------------------------AD Sion
Heimerdinger---------------Nunu (Eats 'Dem Turrets. Works best if Tanky Nunu. Just
Pantheon--------------------Tristana (But only if I hit him with Buster Shot while he's leaping at me. Really messes him up and he's easy pickings. But if he hits with it, I just might die before I get out of Stun)
All Steath--------------------Ranged AD (Usually Trist again) with Lightbringer and Frozen Mallet
Kog'Maw---------------------Kayle

haaaaaaaalp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

Good list. I would add Kassadin for jax (he actually works well for a lot of bruisers on this map) and nocturn for Kog'maw. That being said, OP heroes are considered OP for a reason. No matter what you do, their team will usually have an advantage over your team (or those heroes wouldn't be considered OP).

Ketzrix

10-12-2011

I disagree. When I counter their champ specifically, I usually do BETTER than their champ, not just hold them off, so we have an advantage. I love making Jax run when I'm Sion

Ketzrix

10-12-2011

How about Yorick against Shaco? Just thought about it. Use his Ghouls to set off hidden boxes

HowlingKommando

10-12-2011

Master Yi can also counter Heimerdinger.

Bomb in lasagna

10-12-2011

Nunu might be a good counter pick for heimer but overall he is just pretty bad in dominion. So many other better picks I would rather have over the ability to eat a turret.

Ketzrix

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb in lasagna View Post
Nunu might be a good counter pick for heimer but overall he is just pretty bad in dominion. So many other better picks I would rather have over the ability to eat a turret.
Actually, Nunu can build some Crazy AP and defend a turret really well. He doesn't have to go to base after a big fight, he can just eat. And if you Ult on your Turret in a fight, it's pretty hardcore

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

I play Fiddle now exlusively as they counter Akali + Jax so hard. Fiddle has THE best AP scaling for champs that require to stick to you and don't have any hard CC. Also that 3 second fear is just plain broken, just like Rammus' taunt.

Stez007

10-12-2011

Sivir counters Heimerdinger better than Nunu. Boomerang Blade takes out turrets early, Ricochet takes them out late. Spell Shield stops Heimer from doing much. She's also one of the strongest attackers there is, with her massive damage on Boomerang Blade early and massive AD damage/speed late.

Nocturne counters Pantheon. Shield the stun, gain massive attack speed bonus, kill Pantheon. Noc's ult can also counter Panth's fairly often. Noc's usefulness goes without saying.

Ketzrix

10-12-2011

Sivir, Nocturne, Fiddle... Those sound excellent

There's always a counter out there, right?