Soul-Crushing Defeats

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aurylon

10-12-2011

Just a question I'm asking some of you Summoners because I've been having a bit of a losing streak lately.

How do people in the community deal with getting their asses kicked?

Tentotento

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

I punch a wall and then keep playing.

Emeraldw

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tentotento View Post
I punch a wall and then keep playing.
Pretty much this.

I remember losing like 200 elo from ******s and leavers. I have never been so pissed when I realized just how much I had lost from these people.

Preim

10-12-2011

Ive been losing all day due to afk'ers, feeders and generally people who shouldnt be in a ranked game.

EzraTwitch

10-12-2011

I look at what I personally could of done to play better, because odds are if I was a better player I could carry the feeders no problem (AFK is different, no winning those usually but still I try).

The only constant in each of your games is yourself and if you are really blaming others for your losses prepare to never improve.

In my 3000+ games played I don't think I have once finished a game where I have said to myself "Well I just played a perfect game" I have come close but I haven't done it yet.

ColossusCrusher

10-12-2011

If you start feeling bad about losing stop playing. Or play a bot game. Do not enter a PvP Queue until you feel better. If you feel bad, you'll play bad.

Metroid Queen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

Oh, I basically think something along the lines of: "Okay, this can't possibly get any worse off, let's try that again."

Of course, I've been wrong to think that. XD I just keep going out of stubbornness I guess. (Yeah, I do get vexed but I don't let it get to me when starting a new match. Clean slate, new start that sort of thing.)

Granted, after x number of losses I sometimes decide to stop. (usually trolls or afk'ers in ranked.)

Seirai

10-12-2011

Take a break, calm down, look at what you did wrong, try to improve, and then play another game with the experience of the losses behind you. Don't take your losing streak for granted, always look at ways to improve from them. Even if your entire team was feeding, think about how you could have countered it: owning your lane harder with better mechanics, ganking other lanes when you have the time, counter jungling and map awareness, effective play styles against this sort of team, etc.

Nobody is perfect, everyone makes mistakes and sometimes they deserve the loss, or even if they don't they will have made mistakes.

If you are failing to enjoy the game anymore, take a break. Sleep, work, schoolwork, anything other than LoL.

ButtHolesSlammer

10-14-2011

I've lost 14 of my past 15 games. Worst losing streak I've had in a long time.

I've been doing the right thing and spacing them out so I don't do rage games where I make mistakes, I play a game super lose and come back later.

My teams go like 2/27 by 20minutes lately. It's horrifically bad play all around every game.

I've been considering just quitting entirely for awhile and going to go play the new Rune Factory game. League has really not been any fun at all for me lately.

phatcat09

10-14-2011

You do what I do. Grow a vaginna and start playing carries, even if they don't fit your playstyle at least you're winning, which translates to more ip/exp.