Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

(Guide) Emotions: The Driving Force behind Player Performance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nhan Fiction

10-13-2011

Quote:
Slitthroat:
Trolling pisses me off to no end. I shoulda screened this game, but I joined a ranked solo queue game and three of the other four players picked heal/revive as their skills in character select...I had to quit and take an ELO hit just to avoid this ****. I try to not give trollers a chance.

Yeah, some games are very unfortunate like that.

Nhan Fiction

10-13-2011

Quote:
Mambazo:
i /ignore tons of people when i see signs of trolling, because I'm a hood mother****er and I don't play that ****.I'd rather not get a report in return for responding to trolling so i put a stop to the whole situation before it even starts.

Yeah, it happens.

D3matt

10-14-2011

Came expected a detailed guide on how to use people's emotions against them. Left sorely disappointed.

Nhan Fiction

10-14-2011

Quote:
D3matt:
Came expected a detailed guide on how to use people's emotions against them. Left sorely disappointed.

Well, there is a section about enemy emotions.

Nhan Fiction

10-14-2011

>^..^<

Nhan Fiction

10-14-2011

>^..^<

Nylian

10-14-2011

Read it all, enjoyed the Alliteration. Chuckled on a few.

Being able to wipe the slate after a bad game is huge. I know a lot of people that get upset about it and just stop playing. Just have to breathe a bit and forget the last one even happened.

Due to your article, I'm going to meditate a bit with some Halcyon On & On before my next gaming session. I want to see how it goes. I imagine myself chucking nidalee spears like no other mother ****er.

<3

Etherimp

10-14-2011

Quote:
Nhan Fiction:
The guide is on Leaguecraft. Link below.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gameguide/1176-emotions-the-driving-force-behind-player-performance.xhtml

When I played CS competatively we actually had a "clan counselor" who was there for our players to have a safe-haven to discuss any issues they were having that could impact their performance in league play. When you're playing competatively with a group of people for long durations it's natural for people to become frustrated with one another from time to time and if these feelings of frustration do not have a positive outlet they can lead to a lot of resentment and eventually can tear a clan apart.

Prior to every league match I instructed my team to take a 1 hour break where they should do anything which gets them personally psyched up... usually this involved listening to some high-energy music.

Even though the gaming community as a whole is relatively immature and most of them would probably undermine or overlook the emotional aspects of gameplay it's pretty much (as you said in your article) common sense that your emotional state effects how you perform in just about any activity.

Going into any competative environment it's beneficial to enter a "zen" like state-of-mind where all that is important is your results. Emotions are powerful distractions to your success.

Nhan Fiction

10-15-2011

Quote:
Nylian:
Read it all, enjoyed the Alliteration. Chuckled on a few.

Being able to wipe the slate after a bad game is huge. I know a lot of people that get upset about it and just stop playing. Just have to breathe a bit and forget the last one even happened.

Due to your article, I'm going to meditate a bit with some Halcyon On & On before my next gaming session. I want to see how it goes. I imagine myself chucking nidalee spears like no other mother ****er.

<3

Nhan Fiction

10-15-2011

Quote:
Etherimp:
When I played CS competatively we actually had a "clan counselor" who was there for our players to have a safe-haven to discuss any issues they were having that could impact their performance in league play. When you're playing competatively with a group of people for long durations it's natural for people to become frustrated with one another from time to time and if these feelings of frustration do not have a positive outlet they can lead to a lot of resentment and eventually can tear a clan apart.

Prior to every league match I instructed my team to take a 1 hour break where they should do anything which gets them personally psyched up... usually this involved listening to some high-energy music.

Even though the gaming community as a whole is relatively immature and most of them would probably undermine or overlook the emotional aspects of gameplay it's pretty much (as you said in your article) common sense that your emotional state effects how you perform in just about any activity.

Going into any competative environment it's beneficial to enter a "zen" like state-of-mind where all that is important is your results. Emotions are powerful distractions to your success.

That is so cool that you had that kind of stuff for your team.