Some ideas to improve my teemo build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leotamer

03-22-2012

Ok, right now, I main as nunu tank, and since I don't have a tank let am suck as him alot of the time. Because of this, teemo is more of a fun charactor for me to play. The reason am asking this because am getting tired of 15-10 about every game. (give or take)

The build is-
Bersker greaves- Early game attack speed, I have considered movement based boots.

Wriggles Lanturn- This is pretty much my survivabitily/ the ward and lifesteal is great

Ionic spark- This is where my build gets deadly, it lets me push and be deadly.

From here I go to three pds, for bonus movement and attack speed.

Really, I will consider both ad and ap builds, but would like a build that is just as fun, but a bit more save. Thank you for your time

Orthes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

If you are looking at an attack speed build to go off your poison shot, build on hit items. Malady, wits end, maldreds, and nashor's tooth all make excellent items.

Ooeiooeioo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

I've always done well building pure ap on teemo. I rarely get tons of kills, but few deaths and boatloads of assists. Either that or rushing wits end early and out farming everyone during lane phase without going for kills.

If I go ap I pump points into q and get nashor and sheen early. If on hit I like to start with e and wits end.

Ap building into lich bane and rabadons can get mushrooms around 1k damage which is loads of fun.

Orino

03-22-2012

I second the onhit build, go malady/wits end/ionic spark/frozen mallet gg.

It's very strong late game, early game takes some getting used to.

Dilusion

03-22-2012

Ive played a LOT of teemo, usually solo top to shut down tank melee's.. He is definitely one of my favourite champions to play (1550~ elo here)..

Max poison (E), then move quick (W), then dart (Q) - and of course shrooms whenever you can.
Summoners Ignite (teemo often struggles to finish a kill unless they are about to run through shrooms) + Flash

Start armor + 5 pots (assuming you're vs an AD champ up top). or boots + pots

Rush a wriggles lantern for survivability, then zerker greaves (you can leave boots after wriggles thanks to W), then build wits end, and get a phage asap. with these 3 items + boots, you should be able to pin someone down if they push too far and shred them badly... I would never build ionic spark or malady on teemo, tried and tested over numerous builds - but its late game scaling is very poor.
Then build a madreds razor, and turn the phage into frozen mallet.

Core on-hit teemo Boots, Wriggles, Wits End, Madreds Razor. Now I will build completely situational, either a Bloodthirster for some straight up AD, Ghostblade for CD + AS\MS steroid, or defensive.

Teemo is the ultimate split pusher, shroom the map defensively to let you push harrddddd and you will see anyone coming from any direction.. Check out this little image I made for good shroom placement, note the few before the tower in a line, saved me many-a-time from early ganks when the entire river isnt shroomed up yet - also, blue really helps, dont be shy to pinch one

http://i.imgur.com/TeGCC.jpg

PS: AP Teemo is devastating if played right too, but much harder to pull off and easily countered - bit of a trolly - pubstomp build really.

Leotamer

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilusion View Post
Ive played a LOT of teemo, usually solo top to shut down tank melee's.. He is definitely one of my favourite champions to play (1550~ elo here)..

Max poison (E), then move quick (W), then dart (Q) - and of course shrooms whenever you can.
Summoners Ignite (teemo often struggles to finish a kill unless they are about to run through shrooms) + Flash

Start armor + 5 pots (assuming you're vs an AD champ up top). or boots + pots

Rush a wriggles lantern for survivability, then zerker greaves (you can leave boots after wriggles thanks to W), then build wits end, and get a phage asap. with these 3 items + boots, you should be able to pin someone down if they push too far and shred them badly... I would never build ionic spark or malady on teemo, tried and tested over numerous builds - but its late game scaling is very poor.
Then build a madreds razor, and turn the phage into frozen mallet.

Core on-hit teemo Boots, Wriggles, Wits End, Madreds Razor. Now I will build completely situational, either a Bloodthirster for some straight up AD, Ghostblade for CD + AS\MS steroid, or defensive.

Teemo is the ultimate split pusher, shroom the map defensively to let you push harrddddd and you will see anyone coming from any direction.. Check out this little image I made for good shroom placement, note the few before the tower in a line, saved me many-a-time from early ganks when the entire river isnt shroomed up yet - also, blue really helps, dont be shy to pinch one

http://i.imgur.com/TeGCC.jpg

PS: AP Teemo is devastating if played right too, but much harder to pull off and easily countered - bit of a trolly - pubstomp build really.
Ok, after playing on game of AP teemo with bots, I decided againest trying ap, a bit to slow for my tastes. And the reason I get ionic, is because my massive attack speed, it hits alot, and in turn deals tons of spash to minions, and I need pds any ways to be fast, a slow teemo is a dead one, also, I like to use my mushrooms for anti-gank while pushing, thanks for the feed back, but I don't think I could go with out ionic.

Enter Tragedy

03-22-2012

This guide is pretty good. I have played with it quite a bit and like it.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-blowgun-82617

Dilusion

03-22-2012

@Leotamer (cool name btw)

If you get madreds - which is a gazillion times better on teemo than ionic is, you get the AS there, plus wits end, your AS will be pretty high. Honestly ionic on teemo is bad, its only useful for pushing , which AS teemo + wriggles does ridiculously fast (with my core on-hit mentioned above).. and its single target damage is null compared to madreds shredding power..
To max damage output using ionic, you must get right into the fray of a team fight, lets be honest.. thats a BAD idea with teemo... Don't build PD's, it gives you no extra damage at all. You shouldn't need extra movement speed on teemo, just protect your pushing with shrooms as you move up the lane.. dont overextend yourself, and stealth in a bush to hide if need be

Crazyflames

03-22-2012

TEEMO MATH

Lets say lategame, you actualy have 1k AP as teemo squishy build, highest dps for AP along with lichbane. Your Q+ auto attack is 2k damage, pretty good, but then you have nothing, almost all other mages have more damage than you, if not all other mages with the same build. With on-hit items, you can get around +80 from SotD, malady, and wits end. With madreads (against the average 2.5k hp or so of champs) is 100 more damage, with his E, thats 45 more, so 220 magic damage currently with 4 items, 2 more add an IE and bloodthirster and you get around 275 base damage, thats currently around 550 damage per hit, with 2.5 attack speed, over 2 seconds thats 2750 damage through auto attacks, not considering his Q. So do 1375 damage per second as on hit effect teemo (which does combines AP and AD so not easily countered), or 2k damage for 1 seconds and then if you somehow got CDR into that build, wait 6+ seconds to do it again. OR 400 damage per hit, 2.5 attack speed with IE and 80% crit chance with 60% lifesteal, so I would say around 850 per hit, so 2.1k damage per second, with lifesteal, consistant not burst with a CD. Although AP can be more fun (vs a team that doesn't get wards for example) it is not nearly as viable.

So... AP does 1375 DPS, on-hit does 2k DPS mixed damage, AD deals slightly more at 2.1k but is easier to be countered, although you get a ton of lifesteal with the "Max AD" build, AP does a whole 600 extra damage for the first second of combat, its definately not worth the dps you lose over the next few seconds, this isn't counting in AD or on-hits Q, If you use their ults again, its around an extra 400 "DPS" for putting down a shroom as AP, around 200 extra DPS for AD and slightly more for on-hit, so even calculating that in, 1775 DPS as pure AP, 2.2k DPS as on-hit, and 2.3k DPS as pure AD. This is obviously if you keep putting shrooms down constantly, which is insainly hard to keep putting down, and to keep up the DoT. AP teemo is clearly the weakest, if you want to have fun, just build max CDR for shroom madness don’t build purely for AP. On-hit has similar DPS to AD, is cheaper and has alot of utility in his attacks. AD is more expensive but has lifesteal which can add alot of survivability.

This has changed slightly since I made it, but not much (this was with SotD, not IS, but IS does more damage although its more expensive). These are pure-nonsituational builds to compare the DPS of the diferent types of DPS Teemo. The on-hit build is IS, Wits end, malady, MBR, BC, and FM. AD carry is streight up max DPS a carry can get (stacked BT's, IE, 2 phantom dancers). AP was stacking archangles and a deathcap+lichbane.

Going top-solo with Teemo, you will probably want to follow Dilusion's guide.

Leotamer

03-23-2012

@Diluision
Really, shrooms arn't a sure fire way to avoid ganks, for, ults like yi's, maplh's, and quite a bit others can get to you, even with the slow, or the fact your catched them.Also, I find one of the funniest parts about teemo is abitily to backdoor very easy if the foes arn't playing attention. Also, I really see ionic as a range exention, for I don't need to hit all of them, for with my luck I wouldn't anyways, so it is a bit of effientiy vs ulity really.

Though, madrads might work as a replace for one my pds, just so my fury of attacks does do more damage. (On a side note, does madrads and wriggles stack? I wouldn't make to big of a differance for one gives me lifesteal, and the other damage, but do they?)