CDR on Mordekaiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norsk

Senior Member

03-29-2012

Hi Summoners,

Do you guys go for CDR items on Mordekaiser?
My normal build is Sorcerer's Shoes, Hextech Revolver, Rylai's, Sheen->Lich Bane, Void Staff, and finally a flavor item depending on enemy composition (Rabadon's if fed)

I am only a level 23 summoner and I normally play Morde as an AP carry off tank with a 21/X/0 build.

Now, I haven't really tried much CDR items/builds on Mordekaiser, but I'm sure some of you have. How effective is it? Would a Nashor's Tooth be a better choice than Void Staff?

I'd love to go home to try it out but I am stuck at work and after that I have a 10 hour day at the Uni. University is getting in the way of my League career. FML

Edit: Forgot to add Lich Bane in build


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RickyDown

Senior Member

03-29-2012

I mean he already has short CDs
So i wouldnt dedicate building Items around CDR
I main Morde, and I usually Go Sorc. Boots as well, but recently started thinking about Ionian Boots
I've only tried it a few times, so Im not sure its better yet.
But I've heard that in a span of 10 seconds, you would do more damage with Ionian boots rather than Sorc. Boots


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

acosn

Senior Member

03-29-2012

You always want Rabaddon's on Morde.

You seldom want to buy lichbane before it. Because of how Morde builds, its even rarer that he has the opportunity to build it.

You definitely want CDR on Morde. It translates to more hits. More hits translates into a more reliable white bar, which means you're harder to kill. The rule of thumb for any character that doesn't have to worry about mana is that, excluding energy based champions, there's never a good reason to not consider CDR.

It also means you're casting your ult every 60 seconds or so.

Unfortunately the only real choices Morde has in it are Spirit Visage, Randuin's Omen and Boots of Lucidity.

Spirit Visage overall is a good item on Morde. Randuin's is a bit more niche. Boots of Lucidity can work if you're willing to use a few work arounds for the mag pen you loose- Haunting Guise and Abyssal Scepter both come to mind.

Void Scepter is a niche item- unless the enemy team is getting past ~90 MR you don't want it. It's an item you buy not where, but when. It can be useful in your second slot, you might not buy it till you're sixth slot, or never at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norsk

Senior Member

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyDown View Post
I mean he already has short CDs
So i wouldnt dedicate building Items around CDR
I main Morde, and I usually Go Sorc. Boots as well, but recently started thinking about Ionian Boots
I've only tried it a few times, so Im not sure its better yet.
But I've heard that in a span of 10 seconds, you would do more damage with Ionian boots rather than Sorc. Boots
Interesting, I'll try it when I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosn
Unfortunately the only real choices Morde has in it are Spirit Visage, Randuin's Omen and Boots of Lucidity.
What about Nashor's Tooth or Deathfire's Grasp? No good?
Quote:
Void Scepter is a niche item- unless the enemy team is getting past ~90 MR you don't want it. It's an item you buy not where, but when. It can be useful in your second slot, you might not buy it till you're sixth slot, or never at all.
Most of the time I end up carrying with Morde (unless I am trying out something weird or I am having an off game) and enemy team starts stacking MR. I hate it when people catch on and starts getting QSS


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KrystalSundancer

Senior Member

03-29-2012

Isn't CDR Mord just a 9/0/21 Mord? I play Mord the way you do. I rush Sorc Boots + WotA. After all situational.

I enjoy building Rylai's, Deathcap, Void Staff and a Defense Item (FoN or Guardian Angel)

Although, you can just as easily go other routes with Abyssal Scepter, Lich Bane, Sunfire Cape, Randuin's Omen or Zhonya's Hourglass.

Hourglass being the odd man out, only mentioning it cause it can potentially save your life vs CC heavy team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norsk

Senior Member

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrystalSundancer View Post
Isn't CDR Mord just a 9/0/21 Mord? I play Mord the way you do. I rush Sorc Boots + WotA. After all situational.

I enjoy building Rylai's, Deathcap, Void Staff and a Defense Item (FoN or Guardian Angel)

Although, you can just as easily go other routes with Abyssal Scepter, Lich Bane, Sunfire Cape, Randuin's Omen or Zhonya's Hourglass.

Hourglass being the odd man out, only mentioning it cause it can potentially save your life vs CC heavy team.
Hey mate, thanks for the reply.
Yes I suppose that is the CDR build, but I was just curious about the items. I don't have all my 30 points yet so I am just sticking to a 21/X/0 build for now. I will definitely try out the support builds at a later stage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThorHammerz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-29-2012

DFG against a team/champ thats stacking a metric ****ton of HP with low magic resist could work nicely, however it is very niche, and often you'd want to get other more useful items in place of it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RickyDown

Senior Member

03-29-2012

I mean If you really want CDR ask for Blue buff, get those Ionian boots and get a Blue pot, and thats all CD you need without having to change your Build