Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Where is PBE Directory?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadRob

10-12-2011

my pbe only got halfway downloaded and it crashed. where is the pbe launcher directory located so i can start it up again?

UglyDoge

10-12-2011

LOLPBE > Leage of Legends Public Beta > lol.launcher

The PBE is all contained in the LOLPBE folder so the directory is wherever you unzipped the archive.

MadRob

10-12-2011

i didnt actually unzip the folder. i ran the launcher from inside the zip archive

CaptCrit

10-12-2011

Yeah I extracted the files and ran the launcher from the directory that I extracted them to.

Snotsickle

10-12-2011

I will cross post this if needed:

1. You received the beta invite via email. (All rejoice!)

2. You head to the provided link and create the Public Beta account (Hereafter Public Beta will be referred to as PB)

3. You download the PB zip file.

4. Go to the folder where your browser saves your downloaded files, find the file and extract it.

5. Pick the spot where you want to extract the file. Remember this spot. Example:

a. Right click on the zip file or double click the file.
b. Follow the Wizard instructions.
c. Opt to extract the file 'here' (in the folder where the zip file resides. It will create a sub folder called LOLPBE, /OR/ choose a located to extract the file. (Say C:/LOLPBE)
d. Browse the LOLPBE folder and then the 'League of Legends Public Beta' folder and double click the lol.launcher.exe icon/file
e. Login with the account name and password you provided on the website when you created your PB account
f. Go grab some coffee, make dinner, pay attention to your SO for a change, while the PB client patches. This patch is a 1.5 GB download!! It is installed a full and separate instance of the LoL client. This LoL client will ONLY show the Public Beta server

The PB client does not appear in the Add/Remove Programs in Windows. This tells me that you can basically move the entire folder to any location you desire on your hard drive and run it. (Note, right click the lol.launcher.exe icon and send to Desktop create a shortcut. It will help in the long run)

I hope that helps everyone!

Mike

theironhash

Recruiter

04-16-2012

Do you get invited to the beta? If so how do you get an invite? If not then were can you download it?
I would like to help out and test out things in the game.

udep

04-16-2012

Quote:
theironhash:
Do you get invited to the beta? If so how do you get an invite? If not then were can you download it?
I would like to help out and test out things in the game.

it's public now... pbe.leagueoflegends.com