We are ready for ranked dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yagidy

10-12-2011

YES PLS. After 1000 wins SR (without ranked) my wins are still right around my losses. But every day when play Dom, my wins pull further and further ahead of my losses; log in at +5 over losses, log out at +10, log in at +10, log out at +20.

<==== Dom player

TokinPrez

10-12-2011

Yes yes yes please give us ranked Dominion! Sure the mode is new but give us the option to go ranked if we feel ready for it, which many of us do.

I love this game mode on so many levels and now have trouble playing SR and when asked to I just groan...uggggnnn...45 min match....trolls ruining those 45+ mins....10-20 mins of passive lane phase last hit farming (the entire duration of a game in Dom) and so on...

Not to say SR is bad by any means, and in fact does IMO still offer more depth of the two simply because the map and game time permit there to be more tactical strategies but after Dominion I also find it a bit tedious, long and stressful and I play LoL to have fun first and be competitive second, Dominion still offers both of these without all the baggage at least so far.

As to people saying Dominion is not balanced...

SR has unbalanced champs, it has popular top picks, popular top bans, tier lists with god mode champs and champs that are as worthless as the neighbors dog turd on your lawn, every two weeks we get new batches of OMFG XYZ is OP!!! and OMFG QQ ABC sucks!!

So the argument that Dominion is soooo unbalanced champ wise is false, it has, same as SR, champs that perform better and some who perform worse, however I find Dominion to be far more flexible in what champs can be used and used well. SR is very limited at times due to 1) laning phase match ups 2) jungle and 3) large scale game changing team fights.

SR requires more leadership, bit more team coordination, farming ability and knowing how to push lanes and when among other things.

DoM imo tests individual player fighting skill heavily and with a game this deep many players will excel in different areas. A lot of players simply are not that great at fighting, they do not know how to kite, how to juke, when to run and when to gun, how to out move people and buy time for your cool downs and so on, the majority of people I see just rambo into a fight, hit buttons and hope for the best, this will not get you far against someone who knows how to fight properly. The same would be true if you went in flailing your arms charging a pro MMA fighter...you would get floored...hard.

IE; played vs a Nocturne the other day, a champion I used a ton on SR and still enjoy on Dom. He is very good on Dom and yet this guy was complaining about how Dom has no balance, how the game sucks, blah blah blah....he had a horrible score, 3/8/2 or something with hardly and caps....the problem was not Dom, it was that he had no idea how to fight, he had to big team to cover up his mistakes or aoe cc bombs to let him go in and kill...no he had to fight 1v1, 2v1, 2v2 and so on and simply lacked the skills to do so.

Map awareness, anti hero mentality and knowing how and when to cap are all vital on Dom as well and I think many people can not adjust or lack skill in these areas and so call foul.

Dominion requires skill both personal and team, it has depth and strategy that is being developed as I type this and it offers a ton of fun the first few seconds into the game. So please bring on the Ranked!

PlacentaCannon

10-12-2011

Dominion reminds me why I play this game. For fun! Lets play ranked and let the experienced SR players cry foul when their tricks and exploitation of the an hour long game of chess such as in SR doesn't seem to work here. It's fast paced and quick thinking. You can't just sit on your butt and wait to gank in this version. And before people claim champs are so OP in Dominion, how is that queue dodge worth Yorick (and Eve) is actually more than viable in Dominion? People play champs they actually like and win. I think LoL has made this game fun again.

altairian

10-12-2011

I don't understand the mentality of "there are OP heroes in dominion" as if there aren't OP heroes in summoner's rift. Seriously, how many top solos has riot had to nerf because they were dominating games way too hard?

And I still don't see any champs dominating games as a rule. Some champs are very strong, yes, but like others have said they can generally be dealt with if you play properly.

I definitely want dominion ranked, I don't see why a "stable meta" is necessary at all, the SR meta is constantly shifting, why does dominion need to be different?

Yagidy

10-12-2011

Yeah can some one explain to me why we *need* a stable meta prior to there being ranked? Isn't the idea of ranked at least in part to ESTABLISH what works at what doesn't? Rather then us just seeing who is the best at playing in a pre-established fashion?

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagidy View Post
Yeah can some one explain to me why we *need* a stable meta prior to there being ranked? Isn't the idea of ranked at least in part to ESTABLISH what works at what doesn't? Rather then us just seeing who is the best at playing in a pre-established fashion?
I feel that a stable meta is not required as Yagidy said ranked does help establish what works and doesn't as skilled players keep meeting players of similar skill (ELO).

While i think it was a great idea to have a few patches (it'll be two with the graves patch) to get the inital bugs worked out and to give us time to try the game before diving into ranked play I feel that at this time many of us are ready for, and indeed craving, ranked dom.

Riot, I would urge you to hear the call and let the ranked play happen. This will provided hours of fun competition to us, the summoners, and it'll also provided data of an increasing quality as better matches against more skilled players start to unfold with the elo gains and losses.

Cherokeepimp

10-12-2011

Bring on ranked, I can't even play SR anymore. Just the thought of sitting in a lane pve'ing minions drives me crazy. It seems so slow and boring.

So please bring on ranked!

FDru

10-12-2011

I'd rather not have the Dominion playerbase spread any thinner, TBH. I see most of the same faces game-to-game as it is (in draft, which I assume anyone interested in ranked is playing), it will be even worse with another queue.

chide da jungler

10-12-2011

I think adding a ranked scheme would increase the base of dominion by drawing in player who are interested in a more competitive environment. But I'm sure riot would know if that were the case based on the number from their previous rank-launches.

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-12-2011

I would think that those who play blind pick, of which there are many, would be attracted to ranked dom and many of them would indeed become skilled if they are not already.