Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to counter Jax.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dizzy Soul

10-11-2011

Interrupt him. Kite him. Don't let him sustain his attack.

Quoted from Jax's own ultimate:

Quote:
"Jax's greatest talent lies in his ability to grow stronger with every attack. Each successive attack increases his Attack Speed temporarily, and every third blow will devastate his target."

Jax is designed to counter physical damage champions. He can stack health, dodge, and he gets stronger the longer he attacks. If you fight him 1vs1, especially with physical heavy champs like Garen, Olaf or Warwick, you are going to lose. You can't min/max your stats, throw out all your abilities, and expect to faceroll Jax. It might work that way in WoW, but not in LoL.

Jax can't dodge magic attacks. He can temporarily gain some MR against it, but not much. AP champs and hybrids that can nuke and kite will be able to counter Jax. I've seen KogMaw players kite and kill Jax on a regular basis.

Oh, and please stop complaining about Gunblade. Spell vamp is not as effective in Dominion, and the active isn't that great either. The only reason Jax players are stacking gunblades, is because there's more than enough newbies to throw down AA against them.

I'm making this post, not because of complaints about Jax, but because these complaints make newbies think that Jax is an OP champion. These newbies then go on to roll Jax in my Dominion games, and then 1v2+ the enemy team and feed them to victory.

I don't want rambo newbie Jax players on my team. Stop encouraging the newbies by calling Jax an OP champ!

/endrant

Valcyclovir

10-11-2011

Why would it take so much (pick AP champ, having all AD avoid AA him, good cc, avoid 1v1 him, kiting like a pro, etc.) to counter Jax, and not most of the other champs ?

The answer is, there's probably a well-known balance issue in Dominion.

Dizzy Soul

10-11-2011

Quote:
Valcyclovir:
Why is there so much (pick AP champ OR having all AD avoid AA him OR good cc OR avoid 1v1 him OR kiting like a pro, etc.) to counter Jax, like most of the other champs ?

Fixed it for you.

Myrm1don

10-11-2011

stacking gunblades isnt about stomping noobs. its because it has the best stats for hybrids

TakinTheHeat

10-11-2011

Quote:
Myrm1don:
stacking gunblades isnt about stomping noobs. its because it has the best stats for hybrids

no good akali or jax stacks gunblades, you tard. One then lichbane, then deathcap in akali's case..

On jax gunblade>Rageblade>rylais etc but not stacking them. That just doesn't work out well.

Myrm1don

10-11-2011

Quote:
TakinTheHeat:
no good akali or jax stacks gunblades, you tard. One then lichbane, then deathcap in akali's case..

On jax gunblade>Rageblade>rylais etc but not stacking them. That just doesn't work out well.

lol tard

rylais offers 3 stats useful to jax, gunblade offers 6 stats useful to jax, the 2nd of gunblade offers 5

When i say stacking, i dont mean its the only item you get..geese

Ions03

10-11-2011

Ban jax

Myrm1don

10-11-2011

downvotes really?

Rylai adds 660 health (passive included), 80 AP and a slow on magic damage

Q = +56 dmg

W = +16 dmg

E = + 48

R = + 56

Gunblade adds 330 Health from passive, 60 Auto Attack dmg, 75 AP, 20% life, steal, 25% spell vamp, active slow that does damage

Q = + 112

W = + 27

E = + 45

R = +52

to each his own but really...saying good players only get 1 gunblade is pretty naive

obsidiankatana

10-11-2011

Quote:
Myrm1don:
downvotes really?

Rylai adds 660 health (passive included), 80 AP and a slow on magic damage

Q = +56 dmg

W = +16 dmg

E = + 48

R = + 56

Gunblade adds 330 Health from passive, 60 Auto Attack dmg, 75 AP, 20% life, steal, 25% spell vamp, active slow that does damage

Q = + 112

W = + 27

E = + 45

R = +52

to each his own but really...saying good players only get 1 gunblade is pretty naive

Go ahead and take that active slow/damage off of the second Gunblade.

Now Rylai's is better vs two Gunblades.

Dizzy Soul

10-11-2011

I've done many games as Akali, and Gunblade isn't really worth it on her over Ryalis. Ryalis offers better health and AP, and a reliable slow for every move in her combo.

In order for rushing gunblades to even pay off, you have to play Akali like an offensive melee champion. Akali is not an offensive melee champion, she is an ASSASSIN. Which means hit and runs, chasing down squishies, and burning down champs in a teamfight while other people are getting focused. She is a glass-cannon burst champion with incredible chasing, and for that, Rylais offers much more to Akali and her team over a gunblade.

Pro Akali players *do* pick up gunblade near the end of her build, when her AP is insane and it snowballs into the spell vamp. When you have 400+ AP, a gunblade works great. But in the early and mid games, stacking gunblades only works against newbie teams.