Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

<Open RP> The Makers Hand Pt. 2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boogeybeast

10-11-2011

Link to Part 1: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=540281&highlight=application

((Standard rules apply, Don't 'use' other characters, ask for permissions to bring additional characters, don't control NPC's, make a clear distinction between IC and OOC, character format should be via http://summoners.shurelia.com/ to follow a loose guideline, look at my character http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/50 and my familiar http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/458 Looking forward to meeting new people!))

((Will try to update daily))

The Story So Far

Back story: During the first rune war there was an artifact of immense power. This artifact and it's wielder is the reason the war ended. This device was known as The Makers Hand.
Two humans and a yordle created this artifact, they were known only as The Prophet, The Seer, and The Oracle. They spent years using their supernatural ability to create this artifact, and upon it's creation realized what power they had brought into existence. Upon the war ending, the three beings decided to break the artifact into three pieces, each person taking one piece, the three then vowed to never see each other again and that the artifact should never be used again.
Now strange things are happening all over Valoran, seemingly minor and coincidental things. In Ionia there was a man, this man was Demacian, although he was a respected member of the Ionu clan. This man was known to many as Nite, a druid of sorts, who is with the Kinkou Order. He had been researching the artifact for years, for it might be the answer to his curse.
Nite, along with companions Nelhs/Midgard and Nin-Aj adventured to the Ironspike Mountains, where they met with The Oracle, they retrieved a piece of the hand, and set into motion events centuries in the making. The Oracle was killed by a mysterious new figure, who now hunts Nite. Nite departed from the party during the night, setting out alone to fulfill his destiny, to save Runeterra.

A figure sat alone on a boulder the Institure of War, home to the League of Legends itself. He rolled what seemed to be flexible golden vials between his fingers, staring down silently at his destination. A rustling came from below his tassets and a small crustacean-like creature crawled out. It stared meekly up at the figure, "Hey Clamp," the man said in a hoarse voice. He stood, "It's about time I faced the facts," he said to no one in particular. With that he began to head down to the Institute, he stopped in front of the great front doors, he looked to the two ornately armoured guards before opening the great doors and entering the Institute.
He was known of by the people in the Institute. For magic on a scale of his, magic enough to change his very body is not commonplace, and many of the researchers in the Institute would like to speak with him, for Nite had become something other than human, he had become stronger, but his mortal body had become corrupt, changed to resemble a plant more than a man. His entire body was covered in a thick, green bark-like substance, with something akin to sap flowing through his veins, glowing a vibrant green through the cracks in his 'skin'.
Now he had not the time to stop and speak with someone, but he was exhausted. He saw a page scurrying by, head staring at the floor. Nite held out his hand in order to stop the man. The page stopped and looked up to Nite questioningly. Nite asked gently, "Can you please tell me where the living quarters are?". The small man pointed down a hall to his right. "Thank you," Nite said. Upon finding a room assigned to him, Nite closed the door quietly behind him and fell upon the bed, falling asleep immediately.

Jaykoboy

10-11-2011

((Ooh, sounds interesting! A definite backstory is good. In my RP, I'm really just making up things as I go along. I.E: I threw a banana creme pie as a booby trap in the temple. LOL. (The guy it hit was okay with it, don't worry.) Anyways, think I could eventually join your thing? Maybe not right now, but soonish. I've created one character who, thanks to his powers, can jump in at literally any time in the story. (A portal hopper, for lack of a better term.) Think that would work? -Jaykoboy-))

Jaykoboy

10-11-2011

((Why the downvote on my application? I was just asking to join.))

Necromonger

10-11-2011

((Hai boogey. Is there a common meeting place to be at? ))

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1098

Grand Hall of the Institute

Cassandra was most surprised when she received a letter from Her. Not just a letter though- a complete Marque of Recommendation, signed by the summoner Necromonger, acknowledging her immediately as a mercenary of worth. She knew it was a lie though- dear sister Sarah Irene had gone through so much trouble to give her a job... no, it wasn't about money.

It was about exploring the full potential of this artificial body and mind.

From being a vigilante and predator in Zaun, to an explorer of ruins and slayer of warlords, Cassandra would meet this greatest challenge with the same enthusiasm and skill as before. However, she had reservations - missions from the Institute were the most high-paying, because they often were extremely hazardous, especially if these were things the League did not want to be known public.

A day before, Cassandra fully indulged her needs, preying upon an unsuspecting bandit group that was traveling to the Institute. She left no survivors and hid the bodies; rumors began to spread how much safer the roads between the city states had become, how a terrifying shadow descended upon petty highwaymen and made the vanish.

She was clad in her full Techmatheurgical outfit, the ominously dark blue Dominion armor, as she entered the Institute's Grand Hall of... she forgot the name, and didn't bother. A small amount of blood dried on her chestplate. All around were guests and mercenaries of virtually every nation and every discipline, from sword, to bow, to sorcery, to the more exotic.

In such a crowd, she would not stand out, not even with a Chain Saber strapped to her back. But to the eyes of magi and summoners, she and a nameless few possessed the Marque of the League. There was no mention of meeting places nor clandestine names to whisper, only to wait. She helps herself to a drink, and takes a seat- garnering a few looks from the bigger, more muscular and more esoteric looking mercenaries.

Jaykoboy

10-11-2011

((Hey, Necro. Good to cya.))

Jaykoboy

10-11-2011

((Okay, I'm going to post my guy's profile. Here ya go.
http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1102
Should that do it? Or will he need some work?))

SmileyDemon

10-11-2011

Chambers of Solitude ((i.e the league prison for magical creatures http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1062 her mask is the solid part of her, as Nocturnes blades are the solid part of him))

A purple robed man had his hands out in front of him, inches away floated a simple mask within a small glass box emblazoned with runes. At his sides were two other purple robed figures, their hoods covering their faces as the lot strode down the leagues massive halls. As they passed the busiest section of the building a page rushed past them, stumbling over the robed man magically carrying the mask. The man fell, but caught himself quickly. The box however, plummeted to the ground, and would have shattered if not for the vigil of the men walking with him. For indeed, one of the men now had his hands out magically suspending the glass box in the air. The other, held the bumbling page against the wall with his fist drawn back. The man that fell quickly got up and stopped his guardsmen, but not before giving the page some heated advice. "Be more careful next time." the guardsmen said as he released the page with venom in his voice. With the incident behind them the group quickly made their way to the furthest reaches of the Institute.

Dust, and cobwebs caked the walls announcing that few if any ever came this way. The further the group went the more decrepit the hall became. Their footfalls echoed in the stillness of silence as even sound faded away. Eventually they reached their goal; a black, blank solid stone wall. To the laymen it would seem as a dead end, a hall to nowhere, these people however knew better. Stepping out in front one of the guardsmen recited his portion of the opening spell before retreating, the other quickly doing the same. The effect was instant.

Where once was a blank wall now was a great gate, as the wall from before seemed to dematerialize. Many thousands of runes were etched into the gates surface as they slowly opened with the underlying screams of groaning metal. Dust fell from them as the gate came to rest. The group quickly filtered into the hidden passage beyond, no sooner had they done this did the gate come alive once more, but closing with frightening speed. If one were to be outside again during this, they would only see a blank wall.

Now beyond the gate the group continued onward with the entire chamber filled with an eerie green light. They took a flight of stairs atop a circular platform that had adjoining hallways to their front, left and right. At the center of this crossroads however was a pit and suspended above it was a great cage housing the monstrosity Cho'gath. Upon seeing the summoners Cho'gath taunted them, often remarking how good they would taste. The summoners continued onward going around and to the left of Cho'gath's prison.

Down, down, down the summoners went as the hall they took always descended until even the green light had vanished. Now in utter darkness one of the summoner guardsmen illuminated his hand, casting light upon their descent. Eventually they reached the foot of the stairs and in front of them on a runic platform was a black nexus fragment. Even as light descended upon it, it cast no reflection despite its crystalline nature. The summoners carefully placed the glass box housing the mask in front of the dark shard and took their places for the final, and most difficult part of their job.

The two guardsmen started the ritual, uttering magic invented not to long ago to imprison the entity known as Nocturne. Their magic was directed at the mask contained within the box, and the reaction was immediate. The mask, which was plain, instantly alighted with thin red markings. It began to shake even when contained within the runic glass. Finally the head summoner joined in to force the imprisonment ritual.

"I cast you out!"
He commanded to the mask. No sooner had he finished did the rune glass shatter. Red smoke billowed forth from the box as the mask floated to eye level with the summoners. A being formed, staring at the summoners with disdain. "I'll not be held! I've never killed anyone!" Pandora argued, pressing against the summoners magical force, but to no avail. With a final surge of magic the snare was complete. Pandora's mask quickly deformed into the same color of smoke and all of that was quickly absorbed by the dark nexus shard. When the three finished their leader pulled up his hood looking much more clam now that the danger was past. Looking at his fellows he quipped "Anyone up for lunch?"

Pandora beat upon the inside of her ethereal confines. "I've never killed anything! Let me out, let me out LET ME OUT!" she yelled, pounding the magical barrier within the nexus fragment. A dark windy voice seemed to answer her yells. "You'll never escape; believe me I've tried." Nocturne said.

((She will escape just setting up))

Boogeybeast

10-11-2011

((Interesting characters, Smiley and Jayko, just remember to come up with something feasible about why they're joining Nite, you've got a while though, Necro, you frequent roarchat, right? Well I'll be renewing my presence around there soon.))

Brwn Trout

10-11-2011

(( Okay iam going to do this one, heres my charecter http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1113))
((Pictures of Hrothgar http://tazvair.deviantart.com/art/HRothgar-262974469))

Loud Guffaws of laughter could be heard in a small Tavern located outside the Institute of War. Mercenaries sat around a table laughing and clapping each other on the back after another successful job for the league. The Leader of the mercenaries stands up and says " Lads I just wanted to have a moment of silence for the blessing of the gods upon giving us a fightng chance, I really thought our goose was cooked until this large and mighty warrior, yet some what scantily clad came to our rescue," As he motions to Hrothgar who is clearly the largest of the group, " I also would like to count our blessings to the fact he agreed to do it for half of one mans salary", All the mercenaries laughed at the comment. Hrothgar laughed the loudest and happiest even though he didnt get the joke.

Near the end of the night, Hrothgar had nearly eaten all the mercenaries out of there earnings. Hrothgar was about to down another barrel of Rabble Rouser V.S.O.P. Until a tavern regular known for drinking challenges Hrothgar to a drinking game, never one to turn down the challenge Hrothgar accepts.

Brwn Trout

10-11-2011

(( By the way I was wondering if it was all right If I doodle what happens in the story a littl, Things like this inspire me to doodle it))