Who is positive wins in Dominion and how?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FowD8

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

44-29... only team we lose is when my team seems completely clueless and won't fkn listen

ImCoolerOnline

10-12-2011

I was 30/15 and around that range. Was about 60/39 but I think I just lost like 8 games in a row. Just play ur best, if u are really 10 losses behind wins it probably is something you are doing. If you really just want wins, Id suggest mastering Akali, poppy and shaco as I believe they are the best champions on dominion. Rammus is way above average too because of the DPS meta.

Every once in a while I get yelled at by my team for ninjaing, but if I ninja a point, then run around being chased by 2 or more enemies for 8-10 seconds before being killed then sometimes its a good thing. Overall I just like to hold the the caps and push the minions out a little if I can do it safely.

UglyPete

10-12-2011

I was doing pretty well for the first few days when it came out. Over the last couple of days I've lost almost every game I have played. I got a mix of afk's, leavers, bad players, and team captains being afk for bans that brought my win/loss back down to 50%.

Really what bothers me though and what I attribute most of my losses to is being stuck with bad premades and duo queues. I think part of the problem with Dominion is that people see it as a casual game mode and so they queue with their friends just for fun. These premades and duo queues play so badly that it's impossible to even try and carry them. Riot needs to have an opt out of playing with premades and duo queue option.

Ofooie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-12-2011

i have been since day 1. play well and watch the mini map. ping map if your teams to not pay attention.

Duskofdead

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinTheHeat View Post
I'm trying as hard as I can every game with the "good" or op champs and I'm pretty good with them, yet I'm 10 losses more than wins, 68 - 78 I believe. I don't believe I'm doing anything wrong most of the time, I rarely make any mistakes in the game besides champion select, sometimes I probably pick bad there. Anyone got anything that isn't obvious I might be missing, lol?

edit: I play draft, forgot to say.
Some general rules, since I do not know the specifics of what you play or how you play, or what your teammates play, or what makes you lose mostly. These are just the guidelines I follow and I believe I win more than I lose. (Haven't checked.)

1. Have one very strong pusher who is hard to kill or dislodge for bottom. Be this person if no one else looks like they can do the job. People who can quickly clear minions and shove minion lines while also being survivable are ideal. Rumble, Singed, Heimerdinger, Maokai, Yorick. Bear in mind that some people beat other people down here (i.e. Heimer can really shove Singed back, etc.) You really don't want a Garen, a Pantheon or a Poppy trying to hold bottom back against a pusher.

2. Your rule for ever playing AP should be "does this person do reliable, high damage burst with good sustain, is this person tanky or survivable, or ideally, both?" Annie is bad. LeBlanc will crush squishy lineups but that's all. Veigar is bad. Anyone with huge cooldowns or high burst but low sustained damage is bad. Ryze is good. Singed is good. An honorable mention goes to AP who counter AD champions: there is room on the lineup for someone like Teemo who, with his blind, can temporarily disrupt the dps of champions like Tryndamere who might otherwise drop your teammates, not to mention his mushroom map control. He also drops people like Vayne or other autoattacks who are squishy. A Kog'maw if well played is scary, but very few people can play him well (be sure to have a movement slowing on hit item, makes him so frustrating in Dominion.) Poppy or Rumble should be the idea in your mind of what kind of AP to play over traditional casters: people with big burst that can be repeated or people who are tanky, survivable pushers.

3. Ranged carries are usually a liability. They have to be very covered, and they don't really start getting scary until later in the game. Yes, a good Vayne or even Tristana, Ashe or Caitlynn with coordinated teammates is scary in Dominion, but in solo queue, avoid them like the plague. You won't be covered and you will be dropped by virtually anything 1v1.

4. Make sure that if you don't do survivable, sustainable burst (like Akali or Poppy) that you have direct CC.

5. Champions who should be banned if you have control of the bans should be from this list: Akali, Jax, Rammus, Singed, distant fifth priority of Heimerdinger. You can usually count on the other team to ban Jax so I don't make him my first ban since I figure I can let the other team ban him first. If your team plans on playing Singed or tanky champs in general, ban Vayne.

6. Build defensive items. In Dominion even more than Summoner's Rift I build at least one major defensive item on everyone, because unlike in SR, you will rarely be having 5 man teamfights where tanks or tanky dps are making up for glass cannons who don't have survivability. Most fights will be 1v1 - 3v3 or somewhere in between (2v3 etc.) On some champs you'll only build one or two offensive items and the rest will be tank (Garen, Singed, occasionally Gangplank, definitely Poppy, etc.)

7. Whenever tempted to roll one of the champions that pubs seem to have some compartment in their brain that makes them go "OMG I WANT TO PLAY IT", like Ezrael, ask yourself: am I going to be able to do much on this champion if the other team has Tryndamere and Singed and Xin Zhao. If the answer is "no probably not", don't play it.

Elealar

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskofdead View Post
3. Ranged carries are usually a liability. They have to be very covered, and they don't really start getting scary until later in the game. Yes, a good Vayne or even Tristana, Ashe or Caitlynn with coordinated teammates is scary in Dominion, but in solo queue, avoid them like the plague. You won't be covered and you will be dropped by virtually anything 1v1.
That depends on the Ranged Carry. Ezreal, Vayne, Caitlyn & Kog'Maw are all amazing in solo queue.

Ezreal is one of the best champs for soloing entire enemy teams since his poke range is amazing and he has Arcane Shift to trivialize gap closers or profittably trade with opposing pokers. His ultimate is a low cooldown global that does amazing damage, is trivial to land with people having to stop to capture points and easily interrupts captures in an AOE (and clears minions aiding the cap too).

Ezreal's best trait is easily that he ****s on tanky DPS (or melee types in general); Xin, Udyr, Riven, Wukong, Jax, etc. are all completely useless against him (unless he manages to get himself cornered in which case he ****ed up). I've got over 80% win rate with him currently. Of course, if the player is bad, he falls off real quick. But starting Brutalizer and capping mid (you can get there in time thanks to Arcane Shift over walls), then going CDR Boots + Sheen > Gunblade > Trinity is just brutal. Brutalizer Ezreal is probably the strongest early game champ you can have on Dominion; insane range and hard to reach, Mage's burst (Qs hit for 150 at minimal cooldown) with physical DPS's auto attacks and a passive attack speed steroid and a teleport to never get caught.

Vayne is one of the very best 1v1s in the game; her E breaks gap closers even if she can't stun (and if she can, it's usually insta-kill), W means tankiness means nothing to her, Tumble allows keeping distance/dodging enemy pokes & she has stealth for some sick jukes or just setting up Es. And her damage is quite insane; probably the best ASPD scaling out of all the ADs. As long as people are smart enough to avoid Sanguine Blade (she's all about killing fast with E+Q+few hits, Sanguine Blade is a horrible waste on her), she can absolutely demolish. And even against tankier people she kites like a boss once she gets e.g. Entropy.

Caitlyn's range is, while not as high as Ezreal's or Kog's, still amazing and traps mean getting to her is just insanely hard. Peacemaker has good range, ult has great range and Net gives her a gap establisher+slow that makes it very easy to pick off the stragglers while a trap in front also gets you tons of free hits. She doesn't kite quite as well as Ezreal but she still isn't bad at it and traps give her a ton of utility. And Peacemaker range is amazing.

Koggy's pretty well known (probably most respected of the ranged carries, amusingly enough) with incredible range with W & even more with ult, tons of damage and a slow. He obviously lacks a gap establisher unlike Vayne, Ez & Cait so he has far more trouble with Tanky DPS running gap closers, and assassins but on the other hand, he has his superspammable insane range ult and probably the highest DPS in the game so if you can just position yourself to rain death on people, you kinda win everything forever.

Overall, ranged ADs are probably way underplayed currently 'cause they take a bit more finesse to play than the standard melee DPS but they counter melee DPS really hard and these 4 can actually hold their own against assassins too. Assassins tend to lose to ranged DPS in range and thus are vulnerable to being picked off before they can jump in. And of course, CC be it soft or hard really helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskofdead View Post
5. Champions who should be banned if you have control of the bans should be from this list: Akali, Jax, Rammus, Singed, distant fifth priority of Heimerdinger. You can usually count on the other team to ban Jax so I don't make him my first ban since I figure I can let the other team ban him first. If your team plans on playing Singed or tanky champs in general, ban Vayne.
Rammus is kind of a wasted ban. Kassadin is probably a better choice (though of course, there are less good Kassadin-players around). Kass becomes more mobile at 6 and is actually a combat threat too while Rammus is something you can shut down with just proper positioning. As long as the team understands the concept of "fight for Windmill, don't push out recklessly, stop anyone trying to pass through mid and have bot hold bot", backdooring in general isn't a real threat.

Jax is another champ that doesn't really need to be banned; you can build against him or counterpick him if enemy does get him. It's more efficient to ban in line with your own champ selection; lots of champs have achilles heels and removing those from the champ select vastly increases your chances of victory.