Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who is positive wins in Dominion and how?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ooo Sick Boy ooo

10-11-2011

I was 89-62 by the time I got to 100 wins I had 82 losses. Sometimes you just get really bad streaks. I see you've won 7 of your last 10 so looks like things are turning around. I play usually either Heimer ot Alistar, depending on what my team is in need of. good luck

XaoGarrent

10-11-2011

I am and I'm not entirely sure how given how stupid my teams tend to be.

The Wrongsword

10-11-2011

Sometimes you get an afk / bad team and there's nothing you can do.

I was about 50/50 for most of my games then started figuring things out better and my last 20 games are about 15/5. One thing I stopped doing is caring about the score! That's a big one, figure out what the team needs not what your score needs. But the real trick is finding a champion you really know well and know how they help the team and what roles he/she plays. Some people can play a dozen champs and be good at all of them that's great but if you just can't figure out whats going wrong I'd suggest specializing and learn to play one role really well before branching out.

Jack Oat

10-11-2011

I take wukong, why? many people enjoy getting armor so i do my team a favor and shred their armor so they won't be as tanky, that and his Q and E is great to poke people and to deal with people who enjoy using ninja tabi. His ult is a little weak against champ who can sustain themself but if you use it in a 2 v 2, youl defenetly will win it thanks to the aoe knock up and the dps it does.

Shredon

10-12-2011

I'm 36-30, if I want to win, I play Udyr.

Weirding

10-12-2011

I'm 158 wins to 149 losses at the moment.

I do everything I can to contribute to my team:

I buy health pots at the start so I can stay in the field after the first fight.
I buy Oracle's Elixirs so I can clear Shaco boxes and Teemo mushrooms.
I only return to base when a few enemies are dead or when I am killed.
I don't die needlessly. I'd rather go neutralize the enemy mid than die to 4 enemies at top when I'm alone.
I clear minions during downtime to push the lanes.
I stay in the fog of war as much as possible -- including when I respawn.
I use my Summoner Spells only when absolutely necessary -- not just to get a kill in the middle of nowhere.
I build to whatever role my team needs.
I stay with my teammates and support them.
I gank bottom when I can.
I defend top above all else as long as a chance of keeping it exists.
I gladly die to save or capture a point.
I don't chase.
I don't Rambo.
I don't care about K/D/A and Personal Score. If you play well, those come on their own.

I should note that I specialize in stealth characters -- Evelynn and Twitch. As such, I spend a LOT of time scouting the jungle and protecting my teammates.

MinuCelsius

10-12-2011

Quote:
Weirding:
I'm 158 wins to 149 losses at the moment.

I do everything I can to contribute to my team:

I buy health pots at the start so I can stay in the field after the first fight.
I buy Oracle's Elixirs so I can clear Shaco boxes and Teemo mushrooms.
I only return to base when a few enemies are dead or when I am killed.
I don't die needlessly. I'd rather go neutralize the enemy mid than die to 4 enemies at top when I'm alone.
I clear minions during downtime to push the lanes.
I stay in the fog of war as much as possible -- including when I respawn.
I use my Summoner Spells only when absolutely necessary -- not just to get a kill in the middle of nowhere.
I build to whatever role my team needs.
I stay with my teammates and support them.
I gank bottom when I can.
I defend top above all else as long as a chance of keeping it exists.
I gladly die to save or capture a point.
I don't chase.
I don't Rambo.
I don't care about K/D/A and Personal Score. If you play well, those come on their own.

I should note that I specialize in stealth characters -- Evelynn and Twitch. As such, I spend a LOT of time scouting the jungle and protecting my teammates.

These bolded things are bad.

Deaths (and kills) mean a lot more than you think they mean. Going back wounded is much, much more efficient than dying and then respawning. You also get to buy a fresh round of weapons and can impact the battle more.

I'm 70-48, recently I was 41-42, but I figured out some important strategies and they've lifted my win percentage quite a bit.

Mightyal

10-12-2011

Win/loss ratios aren't really important to me at this point in dominion. The joy of it for me is being able to play with and master so many different types of champs that all bring their own pool of contribution to the game (except TF).

Because it doesn't drag out like SR, you get to being able to try out a lot of different champs and builds fairly fast. I never thought I'd play some of the champs in SR that I do now.

If I wanted to get a positive win ratio, I'd simply pick the same AD/AP carries over and over again like I did one week. Some are ridiculously broken once you figure out their mechanics in the map. Playing the same champs though - We all know how boring that can get. What's the point of playing OP champs just to win? Everyone wants a challenge.

Thraecius

10-12-2011

Quote:
TakinTheHeat:
I'm trying as hard as I can every game with the "good" or op champs and I'm pretty good with them, yet I'm 10 losses more than wins, 68 - 78 I believe. I don't believe I'm doing anything wrong most of the time, I rarely make any mistakes in the game besides champion select, sometimes I probably pick bad there. Anyone got anything that isn't obvious I might be missing, lol?

edit: I play draft, forgot to say.

I'm 12/7 right now so I'm positive. To win a alot of dominion games dual queue with a rammus. :P
6 of my losses were from past solo queuing

73lack Valor

10-12-2011

I think I'm around 70% win ratio on dominion. None of them are draft mode.

I don't even know how. Currently I'm trying to play a lot of champions that I rarely see in dominion just because.