Who is positive wins in Dominion and how?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViashinoWizard

10-11-2011

I always take bottom lane because no one else wants to do it, despite how important it is to winning.

KalaVedaks

10-11-2011

i'd be positive if i'd stop bouncing from champ to champ its my down fall but its still fun

Melogrunty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

I am 7 wins above 50% but I played Tryndamere a lot.

Skataki

10-11-2011

I'm positive because I try to play as little solo queue as possible

rumples

10-11-2011

KDA is very secondary. using your time well and wasting the enemies is key.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

I'm sitting at 20(ish)-12. Whatever it is, it's about a 60% win rate.

Some of it is luck, some of it is learning to ignore personal score in favor of sitting on the point and defending.

All of it has to do with good teamwork, though.

ShadosPhoenix

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaxtenn View Post
If your team isn't doing these things, try suggesting them. "Let's defend these 3, don't go for any more captures."
So hard to get people to listen to this. You get a lot of "Chill!!", and "But we were ahead! You noobs are just sitting on turrets losing the game!"

I feel you have to start by losing all your turrets right off the bat, then tell people that in an act of desperation, you should push top as a group and just hold it. Then they listen and you win. If you start winning, halfway through the game people start pushing for a 4th and 5th turret and you end up in a nearly unwinnable situation.

TokinPrez

10-11-2011

52 games ahead as wins in Dominion and have gone Gold or Silver in just about every game win or lose.

Rikukun

10-11-2011

im like 21 to 13, most of my wins have been with udyr(tiger, triforce tanky) and ap shaco.

Elealar

10-11-2011

I'm 123/73 now (on EU; only got a handful of games on NA and my acc isn't 30 yet anyways so they're pretty irrelevant), so about 63% win rate. I mostly play random champions (Soraka, Sona, Janna, Zilean, Ezreal, Cassiopeia, Kassadin, Anivia, Karthus, Brand, Vayne, Shen, Udyr, Akali, Kennen, Caitlyn, Kog'Maw, Rumble are my most played I think; then there's champs I've tried for like 1-2 games) and mostly ban whatever. Generally, I do well personally because I got the basics of the map after my first 4 games. Well the whole:
"Don't push beyond mid map at low HP without 3-4 players if enemies are respawning"
"4 top, 1 bot"
"Mobile top defends mid vs. backdoorers"
"Key to breaking focused defense is poking at the undefended points to move the enemy team"
"Best way to do quests is to attack somewhere else as a feint and then do a quick switch to the quest point"
"Killing people/forcing recalls acts as defending points or opening room for captures"
"Every team needs some physical damage, some magic damage and at least one good laner"
"Helping in capturing is almost always a waste of time"
"If a place has more champs from our side than the enemy side, I should be going somewhere else"
"Need to keep an eye out for roamer all the time; catching them negates their usefulness entirely"

This was back whenw most people were still fumbling around with the silly "3 top, 2 bot" setups, pushing immediately after capping a point getting owned by respawns and so on. Pure mechanical play and good map understanding seems to work exceedingly well.