Who is positive wins in Dominion and how?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TakinTheHeat

10-11-2011

I'm trying as hard as I can every game with the "good" or op champs and I'm pretty good with them, yet I'm 10 losses more than wins, 68 - 78 I believe. I don't believe I'm doing anything wrong most of the time, I rarely make any mistakes in the game besides champion select, sometimes I probably pick bad there. Anyone got anything that isn't obvious I might be missing, lol?

edit: I play draft, forgot to say.

coffeerox

10-11-2011

I'm at 49-50% win loss ratio. It's really tough to keep a positive ratio because of the random people you get. Sometimes blind can produce a really good win streak, sometimes it gets a really bad lose streak. The same goes for draft.

FDru

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinTheHeat View Post
Anyone got anything that isn't obvious I might be missing, lol?
Yeah, this

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinTheHeat View Post
I rarely make any mistakes in the game besides champion select, sometimes I probably pick bad there
Pick better and round out your team's damage composition. Pick a tankier champ if your team is full of squishies etc.

Dizzy Soul

10-11-2011

Random pick is just that, random. You will get either a good team, or a bad team, or an even set of teams. In the end it all balances out to a 50/50 chance of winning, give or take a few extra percent. Random pick is like flipping a coin.

Now if you had something like 30/70% over a couple dozen games, then you would have a problem.

Tokey I Tink

10-11-2011

I think I'm like +15 or +20 win to loss at this point. But yeah I feel you, I was 50-50 for awhile and negative more than once.

Something that really helps, is queuing with at least two other people. If you q with three you are guaranteed ( I believe ) to have the top three spots. This ensures you the bans, and the first three picks. It works even better if you all choose some champs that have synergy.

Now that might not be available to you I realize, so the only other thing I can advise is to pick what your team needs, or a hard counter to the opposing teams best champ / opposing teams champ that you don't have a counter for yet.

haaaaaaaalp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

Leblanc use is probably your main problem. I used her a lot when I started and I honestly do not feel she contributes enough against certain lineups. Unless you are up against squishy ranged dps, I would probably favor Kassadin over her (depends on the specific game but that rule seems to hold up for me). I think I basically phased her out in favor of nocturn (when the other team has a kog or vayne) and kass and that seemed to help my w/l.

RealMithron

10-11-2011

I have like 30-40 more wins than losses in Dominion, and about 80 more wins than losses in SR.

I use just about every champion in Dominion, even Taric. Be good and don't rely on your team mates to do ANYTHING. I only do complete solo queue. No duos, no premades at all, just solo queue. I do both blind and draft. In draft, I always ban Shaco and Poppy. I can deal with anyone else just fine.

Sparkfun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

Still positive cause i started during the beta testing lol (before all the op champs were picked). Now its all luck since the average lol player it seems can't figure out basic strategy

Hugs From Momma

10-11-2011

Leadership matters. A lot. Ping enemies who are backdooring, ping top when it needs defense. Change bot lane if it's getting crushed.

Suggest everyone focuses the same targets, remind people to defend under the towers and not get caught in the jungle.

Also, get your side to group up before attacking a defended point. Rush their 1 defender with 3 and wipe him out.

Shaxtenn

10-11-2011

I try to pick a champ that rounds out my team. If they're all AD melees, I might take Heimer, Gragas, or Maokai, to defend a point with ranged magical AOE. If everyone's picked mages, I might take an assassin or hard carry like Poppy who can get the job done with some sustained DPS.

The couple of basic tactics I try and stick to are...

Hold 3 points: your side of the map + top. Don't, DO NOT try to capture anything more than this. You'll get killed trying, and you'll lose top or bot for your trouble. The exception is if you've just aced them or something like that. All you need to do is hold one more point than the other team and you're winning.

If you're defending a point, fight as close to it as possible. Sit on top of it. Kite enemies around it if they dive you. This lets the tower do its work. If you run off it to chase someone for a kill (you greedy-guts) you'll probably get 1v2'd and die.

If your team isn't doing these things, try suggesting them. "Let's defend these 3, don't go for any more captures."